remote control question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote control question

I'm looking for a device to remote control various slide show software on my notebook. I suppose the keys of the device should be programmable because of different shortcuts of these software. Important for me is only the function of going to next or last picture. I have a cordless trackman from Logitech. Is it possible to use it as a remote controller? Or are there other solutions?
    Thanks
    Chaoliang

Based on how programmable my Logitech G5 is, I'd say its worth a shot anyways. I really like the Set Point software.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Yes Mehen, you're right. I installed the setpoint software and played around a little. It works perfectly and does everything I want! The only shortcoming is the limited range (about 1.5 meter). Is there a way to increase this?
      Last edited by chaoliang; 4 January 2009, 18:16.

Comment

Many phones can be used as remote controls (via bluetooth)...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

You could use a wired mouse + USB extension cable
          Forgot about the crappy range of wireless mice - not sure if you can extend it.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I have a dedicated remote-control device that includes a laser pointer, powerpoint up/down controls and mouse control. It has a dedicated USB receiver that is also a memory stick you can store your presentation on. No drivers required. It is the perfect lecture/conference companon. Range is excellent, certainly 10m.
            FT.

Comment

I've also seen such a presenter on the net, from Logitech. Are the keys programmable like the wireless mice?

Comment

I've had this one a good while, made by Gigabyte if memory serves. And no, not programmable. I have sourced others for colleagues more recently and recall there was quite a choice.
                FT.

Comment

Working...
                X