No announcement yet.

I need a new mobo - what should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new mobo - what should I get?

Hi Guys!

Just switched from an ATI Rage Fury to a new G400 Max, and Im quite happy about it too. The thing is this, I have an Aopen AX63 mobo with the VIA chipset. I get pretty lousy benchmark scores with this config and I have been told that it is the VIA that is almost pure crap.
    So...Im thinking of replaing my mobo for something real. What should I get - what works best with the G400 MAX?

Asus P3-C perhaps?

Happy Christmas

Kristian
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Striving for perfection

HI Kristian

Getting a new mobo, splash out on an ABIT BE6-II. I installed mine yesterday and ALL of my G400Max problems have gone, HOORAY.

Over the christmas period I will be overclocking my P3-500, its just sooooo easy to do.

n.b. If you haven't got any ISA cards and UDMA drives, you could consider the ABIT BF6. Also look at bxboards.com for reviews of a whole host of other boards.

Good Hunting.

------------------
    Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.
    Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.

Comment

Kristian,
      I just put an ABit BF6 in mine & I like it a lot. ABits ar especialy good for overclocking.
      You will find commited ASUS users here too. (At least, I think they should be committed )
      Be sure to shop for price on the internet. Prices for these things can vary $30 from store to store.

chuck

------------------
      ABit BF6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 23 December 1999).]
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
      X