Anyone know of a good CPU burnin prog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of a good CPU burnin prog

Anyone know of a good CPU burn in prog i am trying to run in my celery 400a @600 and i need a good CPU intensive prog to burn it in, Not Quake games though as i am having probs running games on it at the moment as i have level1 cache off.

Any ideas?
    A-Trend Mobo 6240 V2
    Custom Heatsink/Globalwinfan setup
    128MB/PC133/PC100 Combo
    I-Will Slocket2
    PIII Coppermine 500e@690 FSB 138
    Windows98SE
    Matrox G400 32 D/H (Latest drivers)
    Soundblaster 1024 Live @3.0 drivers
    8.4 West Dig (ATA 33)
    6.4 Fugitsu (ATA 66)
    MS Intell/Explorer USB
    Pioneer 6/32x DVD
    Memorex 48X CD
    Altec lansing Sub + 2 satelite speakers

Golden Orb (www.plycon.com) being installed soon

Old Joes's Going for IT!!!

You can allways use SETI@HOME and join the MURC seti group! Go to http://www.murc.ws/Seti.html
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Prime95 is probably the finest cpu burnin proggi around! It's not designed to do that specifically but is the single most powerful floating point calculation progam that runs in a continuous running mode. If it's unstable this one will find it!

P.S. only Prime95 forces my Athlon 850 to draw so much current that I can hear the powersupply "sing"!
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Guru, seti@home is far to whimpy to test stability!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well, How about this one,... if you do some of the background reading, aparently its some of the harshest code written for a processor, but hey, my CPU is stable with it 24/7 so I'm happy.

<a href="http://www.dcypher.net/"> Dcypher - the distributed CSC cracking challenge. </a>

Colin
          You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

I like to use Final Reality in software mode to burn a chip in. Seems to be good test.

Comment

When I was doing my initial overclocking of my p3-450 before i got my new antec ks-188 case, i tried prime95. It handled 2 hours of that no problem at 558. I fire up quake2 looping demo's (massive, crusher, demo1, etc) and within an hour it had locked.
              Your best bet is to crank Q2 up to 1024x768@32bit and let it run overnight. If it can handle that, it can handle anything.

------------------
              P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

P3-450@558mhz@2.1v, ABit BE6, 128megs 7.3125ns PC133 SDRAM, SB Live! Value, G400 32meg Dualhead (@120%), Acer ALN-201 PCI 10bT NIC, 6.5gig Seagate Medalist Pro 7200rpm, 13gig Quantum Fireball CR, Yamaha 4416e Burner, Pioneer 10x DVD-ROM, Panasonic e70 17" Monitor, Antec KS-188 24" Tower, 6 year old Honeywell-SUH 101key Keyboard, Logitech Trackman Marble+

Comment

Greebe, where can I download Prime95? Thanks
                "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Tried Prime95 on my PC when it was clocked to 500, upped the VIO voltage to 3.5, it ran for 1 hour then crashed DOH!, but it will run all games and apps fine for days, so Prime95 seems a good bet for testing it @ 600
                  A-Trend Mobo 6240 V2
                  Custom Heatsink/Globalwinfan setup
                  128MB/PC133/PC100 Combo
                  I-Will Slocket2
                  PIII Coppermine 500e@690 FSB 138
                  Windows98SE
                  Matrox G400 32 D/H (Latest drivers)
                  Soundblaster 1024 Live @3.0 drivers
                  8.4 West Dig (ATA 33)
                  6.4 Fugitsu (ATA 66)
                  MS Intell/Explorer USB
                  Pioneer 6/32x DVD
                  Memorex 48X CD
                  Altec lansing Sub + 2 satelite speakers

Golden Orb (www.plycon.com) being installed soon

Old Joes's Going for IT!!!

Comment

Echo, I'll agree with that one too as long as it's run in software mode only!

Muad'Dib, here

Joe, then I guess it's not really stable then is it!

Comment

Thanks Greebe
                      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
                      X