Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non HP Office Printers

We need some new printers.
    The problem is that these need to to be desktop printers that are rated about 5,000 pages per month.

The obvious HP would be the 3005, but we have had a LOT of trouble with them.
    Out of our first 12 purchased 4 were DOA!
    And several more have gone belly up or just gotten cranky and weird.

Next up would be the 4000 series, but they are huge and expensive for a single desktop.

Does anyone else make a good small workgroup printer. (~4-5,000 pages per month)
    These are used on the desktop, not generally shared, but some of our clerks have to do a lot of printing.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

I also see disproportionate amount of DOAs in HP's lowend scanners, printers and MFPs.

I'd look into Kyocera.

Comment

HP is still the way to go if you're going high end. The low end laserjets that don't have lcd screens are built cheap and don't stand up well. You'd be better off buying old 4mp's off ebay. Sadly I have yet to see ANY laserjet smaller than the 4000-4250 size that isn't made of mostly plastic in the last 5 years that won't break quickly with that kind of use. Obviously there is a market though.

Lexmark has gotten better but I still wouldn't trust there stuff. I've only dealt with Canon/Epson on the personal printer side. I'll keep my eye out but if you find a good solution let me know.
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Agreed; avoid Lexmark and yes, a used mid/high enc HP is a great bargain.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Unfortunately, used and/or ebay are pretty much impossible given current Oklahoma state laws governing purchases by counties.
          For one thing, we are not allowed to pay for anything until we actually receive it.
          I think they are good laws, but they do prevent us from getting the best deals on tech hardware somewhat.

I wonder about Brother printers.
          We are pretty sold on them at home anymore.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Any of Lexmark's Business grade printers are worth it....we use thousands of them with great results. The T64X series are really good.

HP's high end printers are good, and even some of their SOHO printers are not bad (for the record, I have an HP 6310 AIO Network printer, and it has been perfect so far..)
            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

A conversation I overheard:

Tech Support Guy: What kind of printer is it?
              My Old Boss: I have a piece of sh*t Brother.
              ...awkward pause...
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
              X