Gay kissing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay kissing

Being a red-blooded male I have no problem watching lesbian kissing on TV shows. Now Torchwood seems to feel the need to show male-male kissing in virtually every episode and it really makes me cringe. I wonder if John Barrowman (gay himself) is insisting on it. Surely this is appealing to a very minority audience, and appauling to most. We watch Torchwood because it is Sci-Fi and a Dr Who spin-off. FWIW my wife dislikes any gay kissing etc on TV.

Ugh.
    FT.

Really? I could not care less. Watching two guys having anal sex or giving each other blow jobs, yeah, in that sense I am homophobic as well.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Please don't misunderstand me. I don't consider myself homophobic - I don't hate homosexuals, and I'm not prejudiced against them.

I personally don't want to see male gay kissing in a Sci-Fi program, and I will confess that witnessing a sexual male gay kiss in any context makes me feel uncomfortable.
      Last edited by Fat Tone; 1 February 2008, 04:30.
      FT.

Comment

then switch off, where is the problem?
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I feel boundaries are being crossed. I don't watch 'Queer as Folk'. I do like sci-fi.
          FT.

Comment

How do you feel about seeing two grannies, one fat, the other very wrinkley making out?
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Hey, you knew the character had questionable sexuality from his appearances on Dr. Who so... *ahem*

But seriously, you just have to take the bad with the good here. We can't continue to cling to double-standards. I like seeing two women kissing as much as the next guy, so it's only fair play I suppose.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                How do you feel about seeing two grannies, one fat, the other very wrinkley making out?

Sick to the stomach.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I'm with Gurm, again. He must be turning into soem sort of eurotwit :d

Comment

Do the ladies like to watch blokes kissing? I suspect not, so double standards hardly come into play.

If I were younger and wanted to fantasise on some threesome, two nubile young misses and I would be INFINITELY more appealing than just one such and another bloke.
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Wouldnt bother me a bit.

Truth be told - I generally find the male body to be "prettier" than the female.

Its like choosing a muscle car over a volkswagen.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                        Do the ladies like to watch blokes kissing? I suspect not, so double standards hardly come into play.

If I were younger and wanted to fantasise on some threesome, two nubile young misses and I would be INFINITELY more appealing than just one such and another bloke.

My girlfriend actually finds two meen kissing (or having sex) pretty arousing - far more so than a leasbian couple - and just as much as a standard heterosexual couple.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                          I feel boundaries are being crossed. I don't watch 'Queer as Folk'. I do like sci-fi.
                          What boundaries? My gay friends have to watch straight people kill all the time. It's a kiss.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                            Ugh.
                            I had the exact same feeling with that Torchwood episode!

Just like you, I thought it was pushing the boundaries a bit too far...

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                            X