Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis Demo is out!

And it weighs in at a massive 1.77GB!
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Pretty good, unfortunately can't run it silky smooth and still have it look good. At 1280 medium settings as soon as the action starts up it slows down to the point where its quite annoying on my system. At lower settings it just doesn't look good at all

Those of you that have spent $$$ will have something to really stress your PC with
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
      Those of you that have spent $$$ will have something to really stress your PC with
      We'll see....I'll download the demo and try it tonight.

Comment

They say Quad Core is a big help

Comment

downloading now.. gettin around 1MB/sec from the Nvidia server
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

OK, installed the demo, running it in DX10 mode with the X64 executable in Vista Ultimate edition on a C2D E6600, 2GB DDR2 800MHz, and a 512MB HD2900XT.. and it runs like crap. I had it in 1280x900 resolution and had it autodetect the best settings. It stalled on me all the time, sometimes for several seconds. The hdd was going a fair bit, so I wonder if this is Vista doing housekeeping in the background, when all it should be doing is give the game as much CPU time as possible. My brother tried it on his identical machine, but in XP and it ran OK in 1024x768.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
              it runs like crap
              Agreed...I thought that I should be able to go 1680x1050 on "High" settings with my set up.
              All I can say is that it runs "o.k."...not bad, not great...just "o.k.". I am disappointed.

Comment

I'd like to point you all to a recent HardOCP article that partially covers performance and what they consider playable. Verdict seems to be that no matter what you are running, it runs a little like piss...
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Did you guys get the nvidia crysis optimized driver?

Comment

If you can point me to the Nvidia optimized drivers for the ATI HD2900XT, I will defenitely try them

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
                      Did you guys get the nvidia crysis optimized driver?
                      I was using ForceWare 169.01 Beta...

I see that NVIDIA has again put out some new beta drivers...ForceWare 169.04 Beta.
                      I'll have to test them out tonight.

p.s.
                      @Tjalfe
                      You are kidding about using the NVIDIA drivers on your ATi Radeon, correct?

Comment

I did have a smilie in there
                        I am well aware which drivers work on what

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
                          I did have a smilie in there
                          I am well aware which drivers work on what
                          Just making sure!

Comment

well, I have now played the first couple of levels of the retail version. Even though I have been reading that it should be slower than the demo, I am getting the opposite. It is very playable at the same resolutions as the demo. Since starting the retail version, I have also upgraded teh CPU and memory, due to very good deals .. now have 4GB DDR2-800.. could not help it with the RAM at $125CDN for 2x2GB

Comment

Quad core makes a huge difference.

I have a highly clocked dual core (or 2x1) and a friend of mine has the q6600 at stock.

In the CPU benchmark, he's in the 40's at 1680x1050.
                              I have trouble getting above 30.

We both have 8800GTS's (he has 320Mb, i have 640) and he has 3Gb of mem, and I have 2Gb. Both DDR2...

I suspect I am beginning to be CPU limited....
                              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                              X