No announcement yet.

Any news on the DX10 Chip from Matrox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on the DX10 Chip from Matrox?

How much time has passed? Still hope a fresh new DX10 chip from Matrox?

Thank you

Does Matrox have the engineering resources to develop a DX10 chip? Both the 8800 series and 2900 series are over 690 million transistors - thats a hellaciously complex chip. Wheras Matrox never developed a DX9 GPU.

Keep in mind that NV/ATI laid the foundation for their current generation of performance when they were making evolutionary changes to their DX9 GPU's. It's not something you can just release and have work. At this point, even if M did release a DX10 GPU I don't think it would be capable of maintaining any performance standards.

At this point if they were to release anything, I expect more for them to deliver a DX9 part aimed to replace the G550/P650.

I could see them doing DX9. It makes sense as it's part of the basis of Vista. But I don't see them doing DX10. Not for a long time.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Still no news? No new graphics card from Matrox?

Comment

NO
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

It's seems there are no new card from Matrox.

Sigh.

No new card, then.

bye

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost View Post
            NO
            Honestly?

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
              Honestly?
              YES
              Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Are we there yet?

Comment

nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Damn I missed to create a fake announcement/press release on 1st April this year.
                    cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
                    ---
                    Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
                    JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
                    Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Release it with a delay...
                      (won't be the only thing... )

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

hey

May i have a personal question? counld u sent me your email address?My email is heybabylover@gmail.com, thx, man.
                        Green Laser Pointer,Green Laser,Laser Pointer,

Comment

Hello everyone.

Hi wonder if someone at Matrox put an eye here.

It's seems that many Amiga users still interested in Matrox cards. WOuld be great if Matrox could trow out of the hat a wonderfull new card supporting the OpenGL 3.x or and with the features of the latest DX specs. Maybe when we will have the new Amigaone X1000 before the summer we can hope to get a new Matrox Card too.

Comment

I personally wouldn't pin my hopes on it.
                            They are really focussed on very specific markets. It just surprises me that those markets don't even need full DX9 support...
                            As soon as those markets need it, I'm sure Matrox will bring a card with those features, but I doubt it will compete speed-wise with the others out there. ATI is moving in with multi monitor solutions, so M should do something to keep the edge...

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I believe in Matrox for Amgiaone. I also believe in Santa Claus
                              A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

Working...
                              X