Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woohoo!!!!

Hello!

Just had my phd exam this morning. Basically, it is a first internal defense of the work, with only the examination board present. In my case, the board consisted out of 10 professors. I had received reports of the reading board (which a subset of the examination board), with some questions and remarks.
    This morning, I had to give a short (10 minute) presentation, after which they would ask me all kinds of questions (mostly questions coming from the reports) about the work.

This in total took about an hour and a half, after which I was sent out of the meeting room. When I was allowed back in the room, I was given the good news: I am allowed to publically present my phd, without having to make any changes to the work.
    (there are some suggestions, but nothing crucial)

The final presentation is public and is planned mid-April; it will have to last approx. 45 minutes.

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Congrats!!!
    your avatar even seems to fit your mood
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Yeah!
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Many Congrats, Dr VJ

BTW, we call that a 'viva', pronounced vy-ver
        FT.

Comment

Most excellent, Doc! Many congratulations
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

'gratz VJ
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

congrats, VJ!
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Woohoo!!
                Congrats!!
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

That's great man, good news!
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Congratulations.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                    X