1440x900 with G450?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1440x900 with G450?

Just got a new 19" wide screen, and can't seem to find how to make my G450 (AGP) do 1440x900 resolution. I'm sure it can do it... just not sure how. Anyone got a tip for making this mode available .... I'm in Windows.

Thanks.

Try creating a custom resolution with PowerStrip.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

In latest versions of Matrox drivers there's "show widescreen resolutions" under options tab in advanced display properties, perhaps that will do?

Comment

After reading this thread, I still cant find how to set the widescreen modes on my Parhelia running XP with the latest Matrox driver. I am considering a widescreen LCD but I wanted to check if the card supports it first. When I go to list all modes, I do not seen any widescreen modes listed.

Also a co-worker has the G450 and a widescreen flat panel and I can not figure out how to get any widescreen display modes. They are running XP with the latest Matrox driver also.

In order to run wide screen modes, does it require the digital cable?

Does the G450 and Parhelia both support the wide screen modes under XP?

Thanks!

Comment

there were utilities for this, but I can't seem to find them on the Matrox site at the moment.
          As Schmosef said, powerstrip was one of them, can't remember what the other was called.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Ah, MTSTU

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Matrox_Tec...lity_d385.html

Intererstingl enough, it is no longer available on the Matrox site.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Thanks for the tool. Every time I try to install the PC locks up. I think it's time to reformat and reinstall anyway so it will probably work after I do that.

Do you know if the digital cable gives better image qality than the analog cable?

Comment

Not sure if MTSTU will work for the P series card - just the g series. May explain the lock-up. (or possibly a corrupt file? - does anyone else have a link to a version of MTSTU?)

Try powerstrip instead:
                http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm
                Last edited by gt40; 18 March 2007, 10:28.

Comment

Working...
                X