Supreme Commander Feb. 20th!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Commander Feb. 20th!!!

Demo is out right now, for those who played the beta - this runs MUCH nicer. I found it doesn't slow down (nearly as much) when you get a lot of units like the beta.

So fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware the sys requirements - people from the 9800/5900 era will be able to run it, albeit quite poorly. Recommended is a 6800/X800 series or better, and that's for ~1024 medium/low. For those of you that have dished out the $$ recently - you will be able to put it to good use!

Also supports dual monitors, works quite well. I haven't played much in dual monitor mode yet (basically just loaded a game) - doesn't seem to be much of a performance hit. I'll be able to tell when I play a longer game and get a lot more units.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Nice! Will go find the demo tonight
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

The demo and the "full-featured-demo" indeed run much better then the beta did. Dual Screen would be nice for this game, unfortunatly i don't have two monitors...

I will probably buy a UEF special edition of this game
      Last edited by knirfie; 16 February 2007, 08:05.
      Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

I played around with this the other night. My machine only just copes with it - Athlon 64 3000+, 6600GT, 2GB RAM. To be honest, whilst I definitely want the full game, I may just hold off getting it until I have a beefier machine
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

plays fine at 1024x768 on my laptop - quite a suprise!
          The full game has been out for a few days now...
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I don't particualry like it so far, seems more complicated than C&C.

I would much prefer if it supported the 3dconnexion Space navigator ($59USD)

ExtremeTech is the Web's top destination for news and analysis of emerging science and technology trends, and important software, hardware, and gadgets.

Comment

I am off for the demo now.... I remember loosing days aver with my mates playing 'total anhillation' - another Chris taylor game. Core Rulz.

We used to make maps from various JPGS (you used them to generate the the altitude layers. The range of mods that were available for it were stupendeous....

Uberhack was our fave.

Every Chris Taylor game pushes the machine to the hilt.....
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

I am enjoying it. It is better than TA in my mind, although I only played the original campaign and found the factions identical.

I don't seem to have developed an efficient strategy as each level is taking me hours to complete. I seem to end up building loads of Tech2 AA turrets and cannons.
                It plays well on my laptop, but it is a laggy zooming in and out, which means that I seem to play mostly zoomed out.... I imagine it would look great on a multimonitor setup.
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Bought it today - awesome game Can't wait to build a new system though, when you are doing a skirmish (w/ computer AI) and there are thousands of units and structures (yes THOUSANDS) it starts to get really laggy.
                  The multimonitor setup is nice - I just have the one screen permanently zoomed out, its like a not-so-mini-minimap
                  Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                  Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
                  X