Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Five Must-See Gadgets at CES"

Take a look.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Not sure if they were at CES, but Sony and HP both introduced some new PC designs that are actually pretty slick. In other words, they aren't trying to look like a Mac-knockoff.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Which is a very good thing. I like Apple's design, but not everything should look like it, and nobody seems to be able to pull it off anywhere near as good as them anyway.

BTW, the only one of the gadgets above that looks really interesting to me is the asus thingy.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I've been hitting Engadget.com every fifteen minutes. They have posted hundreds of items from CES. It will take you over an hour to see it all.

I don't see how the Sansa Connect made it on the list, but not the Sansa View, which has an awesome 4" LCD screen, 8 GB flash built in and a full sized SDHC card slot to upgrade (which means you could add 16-32 GB in the near future).

So far the people who have made the biggest impact as CES are:

Sansa (who announced 3 killer gadgets)
        MS
        Samsung
        HP
        DirecTV

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I can't find any mention of some of Sony's new PC designs on any of the sites covering CES, but did find out that HP did present their new TouchSmart PC there:

[Click for Larger] [Details]

It features a 19-inch HD widescreen, touch-screen display, AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core processor, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM, 320GB HDD, slot-loading SuperMulti DVD burner, and an integrated 1.3 MP webcam with microphone. Definitely seen this sort of PC before, but I think HP is finally getting close to providing one that does most things right.

Sony's newest "living room" PC is the VAIO TP1, which apparently includes a built-in TV tuner and TIVO-style recording features.

“And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
          X