Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me (german translation Q)

If I would want to say / ask someone :

"God day xxxx doy you have a minute can I ask you a question" in german then it would be something like: "
    Guuten tag
    xxx, Haben Sie eine Minute Zeit?
    Ish (or is it ich???) habe eine Frage stellen!

So far okay(?) but what the hell is " can you lend (Borrow / rent) me your xxx (car for example)????

lend some money should be something like "beleihen" right or should you use a word like "ausleihen"?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Guten Tag Herr/Frau (if it's a woman) <lastname>, haben Sie eine Minute Zeit? Ich habe eine Frage (or, if you are not asking a question, but asking for something: Ich habe eine Bitte).

Würden Sie mir Ihr Auto leihen? (would you borrow me your car?)

or Ich würde gern Ihr Auto ausleihen (I would like to borrow your car).

beleihen is not really used.

Pronunciation questions? I can't think of an english word that contains the "ch" sound in ich. It is not pronounced like in "loch" (either the scottish or the german word), nor is it a k or a sh.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thank you just want to call a old frind and ask if he could rent his car / mini "buss" to my father for 3 days! He usualy speaks german with everyone (just 4 the fun of it) and I realy would like to start the conversation in german sinse I dont think he knows my tel. #!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Ah

What I gave you was a little formal. The informal translation for you isn't Sie, but Du, so you might want to say "Hallo <firstname>, hast du eine Minute Zeit? Ich habe eine Frage - würdest du mir dein Auto leihen?". (But I think the formal one might be funnier )
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
        X