Ass Holes in the pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ass Holes in the pub

Sat down with three mates okay one is Alcholic but he's quiet over all tonight. So one of mates is talking to him while I'm talking to another my other friend.

These two puffy guys sit near us but theres very little inter action conversation wise. They stand up and leave going via the bar and I watch them go thinking theres trouble here.

Sure enougth someone from the bar staff comes down and tells the alcholic off my friend who was talking to him sticks up for him and gets told to drink up and leave.

My mate wasn't not too impressed and I play peace keeper. At the same I'm thinking it was only six months ago when we stopped the place from getting smashed up when some very rowdy "fellow" football fans came in.

Short memories.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I don't think I completely get what you are saying. So these other guys went to the bar and complained about your pal? He was asked to leave - why?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thats what we don't understand.

Where I was sat our group had little or no conversation with these ****oles. They complained and our alco friend got told off. So my friend stuck up for him and then was then asked to leave.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Why was he told off? I mean why did you write he was an alcoholic, does that make any difference? Did those people know or somehow guess that he was?
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

One would surmise he was acting drunk. Was he?

Comment

they could be undercover cops telling them to get him out of there.. happened at the bar I bounced at.. almost every busy night we had at least one cop
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Some sort of public drunkeness thingy, where they check for 'Drunk' people in Pubs (wow, what a surprise).

They can then mention to the Bar owner that one of their clients has had enough, and should leave...

Did you notice if they had a couple of Lime and soda's ? Thats a dead giveaway...
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I think there is a (hardly used) regulation in Austria, that more or less states that bars are not allowed to sell alcohol to intoxicated persons. Maybe the same elsewhere?

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

I think its up to the Landlord to judge who is 'Intoxicated' and who isn't. He can then refuse to sell any more alcohol, and even demand to leave the premises. AFAIK this is only used when someone starts to disturb the cleanliness of the Pub in an untoward way.

When at uni, the uni pub used to have 'Stock Market' nights, where prices of drinks would gradually increase as they were bought, the most popular getting higher prices, and then about every 10 minutes (or less, couldn't tell after a while) the bells would ring, the lights would flash, and the 'Stock Market' Crashed.

Then, EVERYTHING was 50p. A pint ? 50p A Shot ? 50p Smirnoff Mule ? 50p
                  Ten pints and some shots to Depth-Charge, all for less than a tenner.
                  Drunkeness ? It was encouraged for gods sake.

I don't remember how i got home from that one.
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                  Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                  +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfman View Post
                    I think there is a (hardly used) regulation in Austria, that more or less states that bars are not allowed to sell alcohol to intoxicated persons. Maybe the same elsewhere?

mfg
                    wulfman
                    interestingly enough, Texas has the same law

edit: and yes you can be arrested for being drunk in a bar in texas
                    /meow
                    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                    Asus Striker ][
                    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Working...
                    X