Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal massacre....

CTV story....

Mass shooting in/around Dawson College's caffeteria. At least 4 dead, several critical and several more wounded.

Dawson is across the street from the old Forun where the Canadiens hockey team played.

Broadcast reports say one shooter dead by police, one by suicide and possibly more still at large. Reports also say one shooter dressed in black, but others were in military-style fatigues.

EDIT: police now say a single gunman, who was shot by police. Sounding like a Columbine wanna-be.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 September 2006, 13:07.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Details are still a bit fuzzy.

Current story is 1 student confirmed dead, gunman is dead, 8 in critical condition & 12 with minor injuries.

Reports from witnesses say that they saw the gunman walk in and started to shoot right away at everyone.

Comment

WTF!
      Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Watched this all day while working. Very sad

My prayers to the victims and the families of the victims
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I echo Helvetia's response!

May the victim(s) rest in peace

Comment

Apparently it's not the first time. Last time it was someone with a grudge against feminists
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Glad I don't have any friends that goto that college. But it was all over the news here. There was one gunman and according to the police chief his was taken down by the police. The are 19 injured, 7 severe and 4 stable, that's according to the chief medical staff. They closed down a lot of streets downtown creating a hell of a lot of traffic not only in Montreal but to the neighboring cities also.

The day before that, in St-Hubert (not far from Montreal) where I work there was a small plane that crashed not 200m from where I work! Crazy thing have been happening these past days around here. It's unreal.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

It's Al-Qaeda
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                  It's Al-Qaeda
                  If I understand this well, it is my kind of humor. As I understood it as I did, I laughed. I would not have made the joke in this case though.

Sry if it isn't a joke.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                    It's Al-Qaeda
                    If that were funny I'd be laughing.

I'm not laughing.

FYI he was what's known here as a "Vampyre Goth" & called himself "Trench, the Angel of Death." Another psycho.

Whats a bit spooky is that the site he hung out at, vampirefreaks.com, sports >600,000 members, and it's just one of very many.

Too bad Anne Rices excellent novels ended up sprouting that culture, but people with dissociative identity disorder, antisocial personality disorder, schizophrenia etc. often end up gravitating to such alternate realities and therein lies their danger.
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 September 2006, 07:26.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Here is a pic of the gunman.

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Stupid ****ole. If he hated life so much, he ought to have put a bullet in his own sick brain and not take it on others. May his soul never find peace.
                        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Vampirefreaks seems to have removed his profile and/or site is down.

here's a google chache of it: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...a&ct=clnk&cd=2
                          /meow
                          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                          Asus Striker ][
                          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

There's one good thing about all this. Montreal police were on the scene within 3 minutes of the shooting, and 7 minutes later the gunman was taken down. There was still a lot of chaos because they thought that there was more than one gunman which is why you can see a flood of people fleeing the college even after the gunman had been taken down by the police.

If you've seen the footage in the very beginning, you can see two police cruisers in front of the main entrance of the college and you can see a dead body covered by a yellow blanket behind the cruisers, that was the gunman. He was immediately dagged from the college outside.

I saw the whole thing live, from beginning to end. It sure is different when it hits close to home. Obviously by the time the news crew caught the whole deal live, it was already over, the gunman had already been taken down. All you see is what happened right after that.

Hats off to the Montreal police for securing the area so quickly.
                            Last edited by ZokesPro; 14 September 2006, 09:11.
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

fatality666? Jezzzz...

Yup...the cops did a great job

Interesting choice of weapon: the Beretta CX4 Storm carbine, which is primarily a SWAT weapon but can also be used for target or light big game (deer, peccary etc.). Many get it because it's ambidextrous; switchable from right to left hand use, and plastic making it all-weather,

On reading the description of the attack it's obvious his CX4 was illegal. In Canada magazines are limited to 5 rounds, and it sounds like he was using a 15 or 20 round clip.

It also uses pistol calibers and some pistol magazines, which is a practice common in the American west so you didn't need two types of ammo. Contrary to what many think this usually results in the carbine/rifle having less power/velocity than a pistol with the same ammo.

Longer barrel = more friction = lower velocity with pistol loads, which are designed to burn within a few inches and not the 16 inches of a carbine barrel.
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 September 2006, 09:41.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X