Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell Stallone that it's time to stop ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell Stallone that it's time to stop ...

with his action movies ....

First Rocky Balboa
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479143/

and now Rambo 4....

''You know, it's hard,'' says the 60-year-old star. ''Politics have changed so much. Who do we fight? The Finns? You can't do that. The Dutch? That's not gonna work. Wooden shoes are not gonna look cool.'' Stallone may be joking, but finding Rambo a fresh foe was actually a serious problem for the Nu Image/ Millennium Films production. After ruling out the Mideast, Africa, and Korea, the actor finally hit on a solution. ''I called Soldier of Fortune magazine and said, 'What is the most critical man-doing-inhumanity-to-man situation right now in the world? Where is it?''' The answer was Burma.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462499/
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Sigh.....to jump the shark twice in two years is a bit much
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Plot Outline: Vietnam vet John Rambo is forced to emerge from his reclusive lifestyle and take justice into his own hands after his daughter gets kidnapped.

Erm, it's only missing Alyssa Milano
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

N/S!! Commando 1.5
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Somehow the character of John Rambo just doesn't seem like he'd be a very good father or parental figure. I guess he's gotten all sentimental with age

Harrison Ford coming back for another Indiana movie... Cool. Stallone refusing to let the Rocky and Rambo franchises die with any dignity (if there's any left after the last few)...

Then again, he gets to become fit again and doesn't have to worry about any complex dialogue to deliver.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Goes way back. The best things in Demolition Man were nothing to do with Stallone but Sandra Bullocks tight pants, Wesley Snipes 'Simon Phoenix' and Dennis Leary's 'Edgar Friendly' speach;

You see, according to Cocteau's plan I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?"

I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal?

I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".
            Edgar Friendly was my kinda guy
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 August 2006, 13:07.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
              Plot Outline: Vietnam vet John Rambo is forced to emerge from his reclusive lifestyle and take justice into his own hands after his daughter gets kidnapped.

Erm, it's only missing Alyssa Milano
              hehehe
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I agree Doc, reminds me of Commando

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

No no no...

Wait until about 5:39 before you see the real trailer.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Is there some special reason you had us watch a 20 second clip from "Hot Shots Part Deux"?
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

I know a lot of people will say the first Rocky or Rambo are better Stallone movies but to h3ll with that, Demolition Man!! (And yes, it was the other actors that made the movie what it is, but stallone was cool too, I liked the Rat Burger part, or the whole 3-sea shells thing.)
                          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I really liked that film, esp. Dennis Leary's rants and Wesley Snipes.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                            X