This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.P. Black List

In an effort to cut down on the amount of spam in my email inbox from the site feedback function, I have black listed a number of IP addresses, these are either servers owned or pwned by spammers.

If for some reason you are unable to connect to murc from your usual location, then I would recomend checking your pc's and then contacting me from a different address.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

HELP! I can't connect! What do I do?!

"And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

just wondering...

How is someone supposed to see this post if they can't connect?
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Reminds me of the ISP whose helpdesk could be reached by e-mail and chat only......
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I have blacklisted 6 IP addresses from the server.
          not any subnets. If someone can't access from home/work but can at home, they will be able to read the msg
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I think it might be because DGhost is "Location: Iraqistan" but I could be mistaken...
            Last edited by Mehen; 1 August 2006, 15:22.
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Sasq, I PM'ed you on not reaching MURC from work. Any news?

TIA
              Jan

Comment

sorry mate, haven't had a chance to peak at it yet.
                there is a further list of banned IP's but its only specific IP's and its only because they were directly spamming me via the feedback function
                Juu nin to iro

Comment

Hey Dan what gives with the BS email policy, intentionally blocking members whom have been here from the beginning isn't nice and I have no other choices. I'm still receiving all that spam GURM shoved my direction on one account years ago!

Bring back my MURC email addy would be nice?
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X