Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print to tape settings

Hi all,

What resolution/codec do you use? I've tried 704x576 using PicVideo MJPEG with comp/qual 20 and it stutters too much on playback. Crazy thing is that source files plays great using Media Player etc. Same res and codec, with comp/qual plays fine at 10 and seems to be good (although no extensive tests done) at 15. Tried both Premiere 5.1, 6 and MSP6 (with DV patch 2). Output to tape via G400 Marvel. Capture source VHS tape via composite.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks,

Rob.

What are your system specs? CPU, memory, mainboard, drives, audio card, OS, etc. etc.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi Rob/Doc,

Apologies for butting in, but I’m keen to upgrade my RRS to a G450eTV.

I asked the question earlier on this board and got differing answers http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/006396.html .

I just need confirmation that I will be able to output to tape from the MSPro6 timeline using G450eTV and the PIC codec.
      AndrewDV has a workaround for a G400TV, but this seems to make things very complicated!
      LvR says that “print to tape” with a Marvel G400 running W2k is fine, but with the G450eTV and W2k it’s flaky. Any ideas about PIC/G450eTV/print to tape/MSPro6/Win98SE?

My system: Win 98SE, P3 850, 256 RAM, Marc 4 Digi s/card, couple of Maxtor 60+ (40G), Aopen AX6B+…

Thanks, once again,

Nick.

Comment

Outputting to tape with PICVideo isn't that hard. I just set the DualHead setups to use DVDMax and everything goes to the vidout; PicVideo, Morgan, DV, Cinepak...whatever.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Yes DVDmax is a great convienence, but what drivers are you using?

On W2K 5.52 VCD format MPEGs look about as good as possible but DV looks only a little better -- which is grossly inferior to what comes thru the camcorder and certainly not of recordable quality IMHO.

Using the 5.32 certified drivers, the DVDmax "advanced" settings required are mutually incompatible for good results from DV and MPEG, can't remember where MJPEG fell, but all DVDmax output is inferior to DV output back to tape thru the camcorder.

The Dazzle Hollywood Bridge looked very good when the output isn't breaking up :-(

--wally.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Dr Mordrid:
            What are your system specs? CPU, memory, mainboard, drives, audio card, OS, etc. etc.
            </font>
            Main editing system IWill KK266, TBird 1.33, 256mb CAS2 ram, FT100 & 2 x 30gig IBM GXP's as stripe, Marvel G400, Santa Cruz etc. Also have P3B-F with Celeron 600 (o/c to 900) with AWE64 Gold, 256mb CAS2 ram etc which I use with the G400 sometimes (no RAID on this system though). Mainly use Win2K, but can use what ever is best for playback. All machine are multi-boot Win9x/2k/NT.

Rob.

Comment

In the non-beta setups I'm using PD 6.25.011 from the RT-2000's Flex MVT 3.0 release drivers, 5.55.022 for the G400-Tv and whatever the eTV came with (it's not on and I'm too lazy to boot it ).

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 06 June 2001).]

Comment

So Dr. Mordrid (or anyone else),

Back to the original question... any recomendations to codec and settings etc?

Rob.

Comment

Hey; what do you guys think of the new matrox 2500...worth the bucks?

think of splurging but just wondered if it would work ok with my G400max?

Comment

Working...
                  X