Microsoft natural Keyboard Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft natural Keyboard Pro

Is this keyboard one of "holy grail" ones? For a long time I wanted to have one of them...

I'm asking because a new one is on local auction site for 23€ .
    Well, don't have money for it now anyway...but OTOH who knows how long it will be possible to buy new/not used one... (still OTOH - here probably longer than in many places - such expesnive keyboards usually just sit on shop/depot shelfs for a looong time)

That is the one I have, and I like it a fair bit. It is not the one where the pgup/pgdn keys are not in the right spot, and the arrow keys are where they should be
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I used to have one of those. It was pretty good. That and the Internet Keyboard Pro were the best keyboards I have ever found. best features (USB hub built in, and multimedia keys that don't require shitty software - although the software didn't used to be too bad either) and great feel.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I had that keyboard ever since they were released, it truly *was* the holy grail. The king is dead, long live the king.

Comment

I just gave one of those away to Damian (Claymonkey) the other day. Didn't know they were in such high demand.

Hey Damian - don't say I never gave you anything nice!
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Microsoft's new "ergonomic" keyboards are uncomfortable to use. They actually hurt my hands.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Hm, that 's the thing I wanted to know, which ones are better. Because I can get these for almost exact the same price easily...
              So...are the older ones definatelly better? Or...is it just getting used to? (I wouldn't have any preference in such case...)

Comment

I've got the non-ergonomic layout version of that exact keyboard (Internet Pro). It rocks. You can take it apart easily and wash it, and it'll be as new (done that a few times with mine). The controller logic is located at the top of the keyboard: I've spilled a beer over it a couple of times, and thoroughly cleaning it always put it back in mint condition. Another plus is that it's quite heavy for a keyboard, so it doesn't shift easily when you excersize a lot of pressure onto the keys (you know, some racing games make you do that ).

Comment

i never liked it for gaming. it always seemed the keys were in the wrong spot. also, the arrow keys are smaller than usual and since they are frequently used in games they were annoying...imo.
                  P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                    Hm, that 's the thing I wanted to know, which ones are better. Because I can get these for almost exact the same price easily...
                    So...are the older ones definatelly better? Or...is it just getting used to? (I wouldn't have any preference in such case...)
                    Because I have carpal tunnel in both wrists due to cane use (plus the after-effects of those hand surgeries last summer) I have to use this keyboard. If it weren't for it I'd probably not be able to type more than a few minutes without resorting to hunt/peck.

Great product

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

But...which one? Which one's "greater"?

Anyway, doesn't matter that much, the auction has ended...but OTOH I won't be buying such keyboard for a month at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X