Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox Announces Realtime Native HDV and DVCPRO HD Editing Support on Matrox Axio HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Announces Realtime Native HDV and DVCPRO HD Editing Support on Matrox Axio HD

Key features of Matrox Axio
    There are two Matrox Axio platforms to choose from. Both offer ultra high performance editing in all HD and SD formats. They differ only in the audio and video inputs and outputs provided on the interchangeable breakout boxes. Both Matrox Axio platforms offer: • Guaranteed full quality, full frame rate, full resolution playback at up to 1080i at 29.97 fps
    • At least 2 layers of uncompressed 10-bit HD video plus 2 layers of graphics in real time, with effects*
    • At least 4 layers of uncompressed 10-bit SD video plus 6 layers of graphics in real time, with effects*
    • Realtime primary and secondary color correction with shot-to-shot color matching
    • Realtime 3D DVEs, chroma/luma keying, speed changes, blur/glow/soft focus, and much more
    • Uncompressed 8- or 10-bit HD and SD editing
    • Native HDV and DVCPRO HD editing
    • Compressed HD editing (offline and online finishing-quality MPEG-2 I-frame)
    • DV, DVCPRO, DV50, and MPEG-2 I-frame SD editing
    • Realtime mixing of HD codecs or SD codecs on the timeline
    • 24 fps editing in HD and SD with pull down and reverse pull down
    • Realtime high quality downscaling from HD to SD
    • Matrox Axio HD I/O
    - DV-1394, SD SDI, and HD SDI input and output
    - RGB and YPbPr analog component output
    - 4-in/8-out AES/EBU balanced audio, 8-in/8-out SDI embedded audio
    • Matrox Axio SD I/O
    - DV-1394, composite, Y/C, analog component, and SDI video input and output
    - 2-in/2-out RCA and XLR audio, 8-in/8-out SDI embedded audio
    - Upgradeable to Matrox Axio HD by simply adding the HD breakout box
    * Realtime performance increases significantly with Dual-Core systems - up to double the number of realtime layers.

More reviews to boot!

and here is a review related to the new announcement...

I personally tested the downscaling of HD footage to SD and it's awesome, now because I don't have the HD breakout box nor an HD monitor, I can still import HD footage and preview it on my hi res SD monitor with max SD quality in 16x9

This means I can output to VCR/DVD what ever it is and retain the maximum quality the AXIO provides when downscaling in RT from HD to SD, this feature by far is the best in my books.

Cheers,
    Elie

Comment

And only $11,495 for the HD version ($7,495 for SD)

I'm sorry, but good as it is I'd rather spend that premium on a dual AMD64 (Tyan Thunder K8S?) with several gigs of RAM, a couple of nice HDV cams, a brace of DV tape drives and I'd still have change left over for a several other toys.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 September 2005, 16:51.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

LOL of coarse Doc, but post production houses, Broadcast and independant film makers will be buying these in bundles

Cheers,
        Elie

Comment

Ahhh....but the indies might also be using MSPro 8 to edit HD on laptops while crossing the Serengeti

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 September 2005, 19:38.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

They could, or they could also be using Premiere Pro with an AXIO VFW codec editing is reference HD footage also known as Offline HD files (very small in size) once they are done editing, they bring the project back to the workstation, re-conform and they're back to full res HD

Check out this review...

Comment

Working...
            X