Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox announces their commitment to release more PCIe cards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it is a SMP sort of thing, aah? Well... then Matrox should figure out how to enable us using ATi/Nvidia cards for 3D acceleration.

Comment

Give at least one good reason to...

Comment

So that at least the center screen of the triple-head gaming setup will have decent 3D performance?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by magician
          Unfortunately that's not how things work, so I really think that they should stay off 3D hardware. Last time they tried to incorporate vector and pixel shaders into a core they ended with "banding effect"â„¢ and "last year's" performance benchmark.
          Yeah, but we've seen from your past posts that you talk a lot without knowing "how things work."

The banding effect was bad RAMDAC design. They somehow magically kept their shaders while killing off the banding in the 8x rev.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
            Yeah, but we've seen from your past posts that you talk a lot without knowing "how things work."
            Uuuuh, that was low.
            The banding effect was bad RAMDAC design. They somehow magically kept their shaders while killing off the banding in the 8x rev.
            Somehow? Magically? And those words are coming from someone who knows how things work?

I know it had something to do with RAMDACs, but it was occurring only in 3D applications, was it?

Anyway, that wasn't my point. I believe you would understand why I decried Matrox's 3D acceleration, only if you try hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
              So that at least the center screen of the triple-head gaming setup will have decent 3D performance?
              Something like that.

O.K. give me a brake, I was just kidding. And I wasn't referring to "the" SLI, rather to a something more like "G200 + Voodoo" combo. Maybe it would be possible through a VIP connector, which they neglected for some reason, or something like that.

Anyway... forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by magician
                Something like that.

O.K. give me a brake, I was just kidding. And I wasn't referring to "the" SLI, rather to a something more like "G200 + Voodoo" combo. Maybe it would be possible through a VIP connector, which they neglected for some reason, or something like that.

Anyway... forget it.
                LOL! Was a time some said "the SLI" was not "the" SLI as "the SLI" was the Millenium+Voodoo combo....
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

LOL! I didn't realize I reinvented "the" wheel.

Comment

Working...
                  X