Picture of the Day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of the Day thread

Just a thread to post random pics that we all take.

i'll go first with a picture i took tonight outside of my job.

www.lizziemorrison.com

picure i took yesterday when out on a project of mine, they had great flowers in the centre of the shopping center
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Nice. Tell us how you did the first one..

Comment

i took 5 veritcal pictures side by side just moving the top half of my body from left to right.

then stitched them together when i got home

i was at work too. they called me up to a register, i looked outside and i told my manager and i quote "Holy shit youve got to let me go upstairs and get my camera"
        Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 8 May 2005, 00:24.
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

this is a picture i took at the Morikami Japanese Gardens 3 weeks ago. Its about 4 miles from my house. nice place to relax from the busy south florida life.
          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
            i took 5 veritcal pictures side by side just moving the top half of my body from left to right.

then stitched them together when i got home

i was at work too. they called me up to a register, i looked outside and i told my manager and i quote "Holy shit youve got to let me go upstairs and get my camera"
            That's a darned good job of steady hands and stitching, then. But for a little odd shading in the sky, it looks like you used a panorama camera.

Comment

Beautiful work Liz.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

you've got a good eye for composing a shot
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                  That's a darned good job of steady hands and stitching, then. But for a little odd shading in the sky, it looks like you used a panorama camera.

i can see the lines myself in the picture. im not sure if other people can but it bothers me when i stitch a picture together i can still see the lines even after so much blending.

i think its just because i know where they are. i dunno. something i need to overcome.. or get a wide angle lens.
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                    i can see the lines myself in the picture. im not sure if other people can but it bothers me when i stitch a picture together i can still see the lines even after so much blending.
                    I can too, although they are far less noticable than anything I can do. You did an excellent job merging the images.

good photography too. I'm afraid any pics i have on my computer are pretty craptacular :P
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

The odd shading I was talking about seems to be the top left quadrant of your shots. What camera are you using? Perhaps a better lens would help this..

Comment

What are the spec s on the lens you are using ? What settings were you using ? It looks somewhat like vignetting, although with the overlapped images it could be an artifact of the blending. If it is present on the single frames, try stopping the lens down a stop or two and see if it goes away. If it does, then it is the design of the lens (particularly true for long zoom telephotos) and you can work around it by stopping down to some extent. The other thing that can cause that is a lens hood or similar obstruction near the lens face.

Frank
                        Last edited by degrub; 9 May 2005, 20:41.

Comment

It's a good thing I don't have a digital camera, otherwise you guys would get pictures of Winnipeg - ooOOoOOOo - scary
                          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

some shots from taiwan with my dinky cam~
                            from left to right: Fruit ice, taipei 101, kaoshiung 85 story.

Comment

Originally posted by degrub
                              What are the spec s on the lens you are using ? What settings were you using ? It looks somewhat like vignetting, although with the overlapped images it could be an artifact of the blending. If it is present on the single frames, try stopping the lens down a stop or two and see if it goes away. If it does, then it is the design of the lens (particularly true for long zoom telephotos) and you can work around it by stopping down to some extent. The other thing that can cause that is a lens hood or similar obstruction near the lens face.

Frank

the camera im using is a Sony cyber-shot 5.0

its a Hoya 58mm lens
                              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X