No announcement yet.

The Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to answer your extra click for quick reply, go to the top of this thread, and play with display modes...
    icons are colourful yes. maybe replace them later.. step at a time.
    size we are working on.
    new posts... Jesse replaced them this morning with slightly updated vb2 icons, so they are the same now.

Danke
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Cool - will carry on experimenting...

Back to the "show new posts" page though, I have noticed that when refreshing the page, threads with new posts no longer come to the top of the page of results like they used to - they are still sorted by the times of the latest posts at the time of the original search - I guess the db query is not being re-run on a refresh?
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

that would be a correct assumption, not quite sure why it changed. I want to look into it myself.

The old system stored the search query in the db.. but would rerun it, I suspect it has more to do with searching for strings, and reducing db load, then the newpost function.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

missing icons

The icons in the colum before Title/User name/date of Latest Forum Topics are missing on my system, execpt the "i" icon for Upgrades.
          I have a rather standard installation of XP.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
            I have to admit that although it's nice, and obviously the result of a lot of work, I don't really like it. But that's probably because I was so used to the old look. It was like stepping into a warm and fuzzy pair of slipper before. Now it feels like I've got these fancy new keds and have to work them in before I can take them on a long hike.

I'm sure I'll get used to it.
            ++

I also miss the forum links on the left. With so much empty space, they'd be nice (re)addition.
            Last edited by Kurt; 8 March 2005, 09:21. Reason: Need to add comment

Comment

love the changes...

one Q.. is there a way to make the scroling news feeds stick to the same source that i select so that we dont have to manualy select them everytime we go to murc front page?
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

also.. is there a way to make the quick post active instead of having to click on something first?.... havent checked any of the settings in the CP so forgive me if its already there.. will check them later...

but i realy love the new upgrades.. well done sasq
                "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

as you have been busy, I will forgive you that has been asked quite a few times so far, go to the top of the page, have a play with display modes - try threaded and hybrid.
                  thats why it is set to click the reply button first.

I can turn that function off, but it renderes threaded mode useless, so I am giving a month or so, so we have threads that actually use threaded mode, and let people have a play.
                  Then I will do a vote on keeping it or not.

*atm its site wide, I will look for a hack to maybe make it forum specific - the temp anyone...
                  Juu nin to iro

Comment

I'm missing a bit the possiblity of accessing all the forums directly from the homepage. A drop down menu or a list is most welcome.

And, the new server is somewhat slower than the old one, is it true?

Comment

It's ok.
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

So...time for another one?

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
                          So...time for another one?
                          Portal has been removed I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X