Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 8.00 Beta 1

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/800b1/en/std/

No changelog as of yet. Opera 8.00 is a renamed 7.60 AFAIK; although not much appears to have changed, the developers are saying lots of things under the hood changed, both in the UI as well as the engine. I'm guessing better DHTML support was a priority, seeing as gmail now works.

Those who paid for 7, don't fear: v8 will be a free upgrade for you; in addition to that, the license will be changed so that you can install Opera on as many computers and platforms as you want with just one license (happy now, Jesterzwild? ).

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Yes
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

*yawn*
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I'll wait for a changelog I think.

Comment

Changelog

Oh, JW: No sign of the new license yet, this will probably announced with the final. The upgrade is free from 7 users yet, though, the v7 key works.

AZ

Comment

Doesn't Opera 8 have a nice ring to it

Comment

I actually think the final will not be called Opera 8.

AZ

Comment

that's great
                System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

<s>Yeah az, the new license scheme isn't working yet in the Mac version. No worries, been checking out the latest release of OmniWeb, but I'd definitely like to have the license working. Entirely possible the license change currently only applies to new registrations.</s>

Edit: Apparently the new version hasn't been released for Mac yet (or I'm looking in the wrong place ).
                  Last edited by Jessterw; 24 December 2004, 01:09.
                  “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Hasn't been released yet, and probably won't be during the holidays. But at the latest it should be available early next year.

AZ

Comment

Hasn't been released yet, and probably won't be during the holidays. But at the latest it should be available early next year, as will the Linux versions.

AZ

Comment

Working...
                      X