Alita: Battle Angel movie....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alita: Battle Angel movie....

and James Cameron is going to make it!!!!

Live action with a motion-capture main character.
    NEW YORK (AP) - Since becoming the king of the world seven years ago with "Titanic," James Cameron has spent much of his time in the underwater world, making 3-D documentaries about his deep-sea explorations.

But the director is finally coming up for air and returning to science fiction with "Battle Angel," a three-dimensional movie set in the 26th century.

Cameron, who also directed "Aliens" and the first two "Terminator" movies, told The Associated Press he's in preproduction now and expects to start shooting in May or June. The film will take two years to make and will include about 1,500 visual effects shots.

"It's based on a series of graphic novels done by a Japanese artist called Kishiro," said the 50-year-old, whose "Titanic" won 11 Academy Awards including best picture and best director, and is the highest-grossing film of all time.

He wouldn't discuss casting for the movie, but said, "It's going to be a combination of live action and (computer graphics) but done photorealistically. There will be CG characters and live-action characters."

He plans to use updated versions of the three-dimensional cameras he used to shoot last year's "Ghosts of the Abyss," his IMAX movie about diving to the real Titanic wreckage, and the upcoming "Aliens of the Deep," another IMAX documentary about underwater exploration for which he worked with NASA scientists.

"We were originally going to release it in '06. We decided to wait 'til '07 because we're trying to ride the impending wave of digital cinema," Cameron said. "The digital cinema projectors are 3-D compatible based on the way that we want to do the 3-D display, and 35mm projectors are not. So we'll release the film in both 2-D and 3-D theaters."

At that point, though, you'll still have to wear those dorky red-and-blue cardboard glasses to experience the 3-D visual effects.

"Oh yeah," he said. "No 3-D without glasses."
    Hopefully it'll be the LCD glasses and not the dorky red/blue ones.
    Can you even imagine what it would look like in an IMAX 3D theater?

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 November 2004, 12:35.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Re: Battle Angel movie....

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
    Can you even imagine what it would look like in an IMAX 3D theater?
    Hopefully better than Captain Eo
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Could be cool though, I like his previous movies.

JD
      Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

I've got the DVD of the original Japanes OAV for Battle Angel Which was discontinued a while ago, so nearly impossible to get these days. The manga (graphic novels) are very cool, too.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Filming concluded February 9, 2017

Release: Feb 14 in the US

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 September 2018, 19:40.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X