ROFL! New European supercar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROFL! New European supercar

Let's see who can recognise this mutant.
    Attached Files

Volkswagen Beetle mutant?

Comment

lol no.

here's an open-wheel version..
      Attached Files

Comment

And can you believe they built one that flies?
        Attached Files

Comment

Now we know how the Panzers made it across France in 5 days..
          Attached Files

Comment

Yup, the good ole 2 CV, the French answer to the VW.

Actually, it was an extraordinary vehicle for its time, if a bit of a joke.

When I was living in Switzerland, it used to be said the 2CV was the world leader in cars: it used to lead the way up all the mountain passes, with 20 or 30 real cars behind it

Want to know what 2 CV means? The French had a concept of fiscally rating cars according to engine size, based on a mythical relationship to horsepower. CV stands for chevaux vapeur or "steam horses" which was their unit. So the 2 CV had two steam horses in its engine compartment. The use of CV rating is not unique to Citroen, either; the Renault R4 was thus named because it had a 4 CV engine. I think they still use the CV for taxing vehicles (not sure, though).

The 2 CV is commonly referred to in speech as the deux chevaux (two horses), sometime abbreviated to deuch (pronounced dersh).
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

we call it "ente" (duck).

mfg
              wulfman
              "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
              "Lobsters?"
              "Really? I didn't know they did that."
              "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

We call it the "lelijke eend" or ugly duck.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

hehe that looks like "leaky end"

otherwise known as diarrhea..

Comment

If it had that, it would at least go a bit faster.
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

they also appear a lot in Louis de Funes movies, often driven by nuns. And they have weird driving habits, not what you would expect from nuns

Comment

Wow, and I thought that only Guchi could post ugly cars!!
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I've heard that car described as "a frog stuck in a quonset hut"
                          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                            Yup, the good ole 2 CV, the French answer to the VW.

Want to know what 2 CV means? The French had a concept of fiscally rating cars according to engine size, based on a mythical relationship to horsepower. CV stands for chevaux vapeur or "steam horses" which was their unit.
                            This is correct, in Italy they call it CV as well.

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                              I've heard that car described as "a frog stuck in a quonset hut"
                              Thought I was the only one
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X