The Official Recipe Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Recipe Thread

About 4-6 years ago, by buddy brought some chicken to a barbecue we were having at a local lake. He called it"spicy chicken". It was so good that I practically begged him to give me the recipe.

He told me that his Mom had made it his whole life and didn't know exactly what was in it. Finally, one day I was at his house and I asked his mom for the recipe. She told me she just did it from memory and she spouted off a bunch of ingredients. I think I remembered 90% over the years.

This week, I finally found the main ingredient. It is called Hot Bean Paste(or maybe even Hot Pepper Paste). I got a chance to attempt the makings of it tonight for dinner and it came out awesome! I wanted to share with you all.

Boneless-Skinless Thighs
    Hot Bean Paste
    Bullseye Barbecue Sauce
    Chinese Hot Oil
    Garlic
    Green onions

I eyeballed the mix of paste and BBQ sauce. It is about a 1 to 1 ratio. Just mix to taste. I cut up a stock of green onions and added about 4 cloves of garlic. All in all, I probably made 4-6 cups of sauce.

It has a nice spicy kick to it (probably too hot for most), and it cooks excellent on the grill. If you can find the paste, you are set. I found it in Korean market. I have never seen it anywhere else so good luck.

Dave
    Last edited by Helevitia; 6 August 2004, 20:02.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Working...
X