Hot Wheels ... World Race in Surround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Wheels ... World Race in Surround

Hot Wheels is real arcade racing FUN ... lots of huge loops twists and jumps ... Great in Surround !!!

I asked Dave at Racer_S to created an FOV tool for it ... he did ... Thank You Dave !
    To get it going in Surround download Dave's FOV Hack from www.tocaedit.com you will find it under the heading files.

Use these settings ...
    Field of View (FOV): 0.18
    Width Field of View (FOV): 0.29

You may need a no-CD for it to work ... I got mine here ... www.gameburnworld.com

To get the game to work on Windows XP you will need to run the game in compatibility mode ...
    ... right click on the shortcut ... choose ... Properties ... Compatibility ... tick ... "Run this game in compatibility mode" and choose "Windows 98 / Windows ME"

Now just choose a Surround resolution in the Hot Wheels Launcher ... Configuration ... Configure Graphics menu.
    If you play at 12080x1024 you get 1280x1024... BUT... for some reason when you play at 3840x1024 or any other Surround resolution you just get 1920x480 (I think).
    It doesn't matter too much as FAA-16x really helps ... AND your going way to fast to notice ! ....

Once your on the starting grid just press ... Numpad* to enable the FOV Hack.
    You may need to do this at the start of each race.

Enjoy.....

Some screens ...

My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
    480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
    Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played
Working...
X