Panoramas 2: The Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoramas 2: The Sequel

The first thread is started to get rather long to browse so I decided to start a sequel. if this is okay with moderators, the first one could be locked with a last post including link here.

My newest add on to gallery is from Tromssø, Northern Norway where I took pretty fast scheduled trip during last weekend.

(a bit over 3200 km in one weekend, 80% via busses, 20% via train connection.)

a worth of it? sure, no doubt about it. Mountains reaching 600-1800 meters above sea level straight from the Polar Sea.
    Link to gallery: http://www.kyamk.fi/~ohj8laka/pics2/panoramas/
    Link to latest add on: http://www.kyamk.fi/~ohj8laka/pics2/...18-07-2004.jpg
    "Dippadai"

I'm not going to close the old thread, maybe in a year or so someone wants to comment on it

If you want to advertise this thread there, you're free to do so

Is the panorama you linked to the only new one? (I must admit I don't quite see through the system you used for ordering the pics)

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
      I'm not going to close the old thread, maybe in a year or so someone wants to comment on it
      oh... I didn't think that. good point you have there.

Originally posted by az

If you want to advertise this thread there, you're free to do so

Is the panorama you linked to the only new one?

I'll post there a notice about this thread. And yes, right now, only one new panorama. there's possibility for few more from the same trip, but finnish side of the border when I get my slide film processed. (used a classic Ricoh 500 G range finder class camera for that.)

(in fact, there's possibility that some of them you can see 3 different countries. the place where I was staying, was pretty close to point where finland, norway and sweden borderlines meet.)

Originally posted by az

(I must admit I don't quite see through the system you used for ordering the pics)

AZ
      umm... now I didn't quite understand what you mean? This shot was taken with the digital compact Olympus C990, but as said, I had also another camera with me.
      "Dippadai"

Comment

I meant that your pictures don't seem to be ordered chronologically, or alphabetically, etc. Maybe they are ordered, but I can't see the order. So if I am looking for your latest picture, I can only find it through trial and error (Finnish names are a bit long and complicated to all non-finns ).

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
          I meant that your pictures don't seem to be ordered chronologically, or alphabetically, etc. Maybe they are ordered, but I can't see the order. So if I am looking for your latest picture, I can only find it through trial and error (Finnish names are a bit long and complicated to all non-finns ).

AZ
          LOL, you are right.

I already found another panorama shot from the trip that I didn't remembered. so, about 10-20 minutes and I'll insert that too and make the sorting a bit logical.
          "Dippadai"

Comment

okay, I made the link list a bit clearer and added anotehr new nice shot from near the "three nordic borders meet" point.

"Dippadai"

Comment

Wonderful sky in the first one Nappe. Are you stitching these by hand in PS or using Panorama Factory still? You seem to be able to get the joins v. good and also the exposures well matched (which I find v. time consuming when fine-tuning).
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

GNEP, if you're shooting Panoramas, hold the exposure. I don't know if A.E. (auto exposure) lock is available or if it locks across more than one image, but if it does, use it, it'll save lots of time at the PC. Another option would be to shoot in manual mode, thus exposure won't change either. And you can control exposure right there, even before shooting, on the LCD, so all of your shots should still come out correctly.

I think Nappe's cam has no manual controls.

AZ

Comment

In this particular case, I did use Panorama Factory. Images are shot without Panorama mode, because I was using Kingston 32MB card that does not have Panorama mode. (availailable only in Olympus cards.) After stitching I used Neat Image 3.0 to get rid of major noise. Then, I used Photoshop CS to correlate exposure, because Panorama Factory as well as Neat Image make the image lose a dynamics a bit. Only thing left was cropping the image so that there won't be white spots on the corners that PF sometimes leaves.

So, yes, I usually use quite lot of digital dark room, but only matching the original quality that gets lost during stitching or because of camera causing high noise in the image.

and AZ is right. my 3.5 years old C990-Zoom has very little hand tuning possibilities. I have been drooling Olympus C770UZ lately, but most likely before I have money for that, 780UZ is already out.
                  "Dippadai"

Comment

One new panorama on my gallery. This time, it was taken with Ricoh 500G (40mm / 1:2.8-16) to Fuji Sensia 400. scanned by studio when film was processed.

post production on photoshop, Neat Image and panorama factory.

enjoy

"Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                    X