Lizzie needs some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizzie needs some help

Here is the Liz update you've all been waiting for...

Her appartment has been delayed until the 11th, so we are without our Queen for a little longer.

Now she needs help and suggestions,

With not having a place to live etc, as you can imagine things have been tight, now to top it all off she has a tooth problem, here is an extract
    i havent been to work since thurs. my appointment is on tuesday. he has to extract the tooth that has the spike running into the other tooths nerve. then do a root canal on the the tooth in front so that it doesnt bother me.
    Now as you can guess, this does not come cheap. She's up for any suggestions, natural remidies, witchcraft, banks to rob whatever you guys can suggest to help her get through this and back to work. (and no Greebe, your hammer drill and a 1/2" drill bit does not qualify you as a dentist )

Don't bother PM'ing or mailing her, she really doesn't have net time. Either post ideas here, or mail me.

Liz thanks and luvs ya all

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Re: Lizzie needs some help

Originally posted by Sasq
    Now as you can guess, this does not come cheap. She's up for any suggestions, natural remidies, witchcraft, banks to rob whatever you guys can suggest to help her get through this and back to work. (and no Greebe, your hammer drill and a 1/2" drill bit does not qualify you as a dentist )
    Well I do have two Dremels and all sorts of things that grind like the dickens and produce copious amounts of smoke.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I'm sure one of the medics would be willing to tell me how to do this sort of procedure...
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

She can always go to Wal-Mart and grab something from the selves and then return it right there on the spot. Not all Wal-Marts have cracked down on this yet. (seriously)

It's hella easy and your only hurting a heartless mega-corporation.

Then again, she can always stay at my place.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Quite seriously though guys, Liz is really stressed on this.
          This happy little procedure (and don't we all just love dentists) is all up going to be close to $1k. and her company medical hasn't kicked in yet.

So anyone that knows quirks to the system to get this sort of thing cheaper, or any good suggestions.
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

She could check with local dental schools.
            They're always needing patients for their students.
            They are usually 30-40% cheaper or so than a regular dentist.
            BUT, there is usually a huge waiting list...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Sell stuff on ebay.. perhaps her old tooth, as long as it has a good story with it, it will sell
              Have doc. Mordid do the operation ( I am sure a medical doctor can do dentistry ), while videotaping the whole thing to go along with the ebay auction
              ..Is having a murc fundraiser what you had in mind?

As a last resort, I suppose you make good money at the nudie clubs, but that would be as an alternative to be living in the streets...
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

The accomodation thing isn't so much an issue, just the previous tennent is staying a little longer on her new place.

She is staying with a friend atm, its just the not having your own space/kitchen that sort of eats into expenses.

I'm not going to suggest a fund raiser. I'm just letting you guys know.
                A fund raiser might be cool, but I'm pretty damn sure Liz prefers to pay her debts - even if it does take her some time to do so.
                Juu nin to iro

Comment

she does appear to be pretty responsible with her cash ( judging from previous posts regarding roommates), but if I could think of a quick easy way to raise $1000, I would be doing it now

Comment

Hmm, another MURC fund raiser, sounds like a good idea.

I'd be happy to send what I could to Liz, no problemo.
                    Last edited by ZokesPro; 12 July 2004, 18:50.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well don't forget were getting close the anual MURC one as well.

***Admin mode completly off***
                      The following comments are as a member of murc and in no way reflect management view.

We're sort of a social club here, for good bad or ugly. Back in Oz my work social club had a help fund, most of you guys who work for a larger company probably do to.
                      it was for people caught out by unexpected medical expenses, if their house was broken into/loose everything type stuff.

If you borrowed from the fund, you HAD to pay it back. It wasn't really used that much, but it helped a few people out

Again, the above post is only as a community member, it does not reflect management in anyway shape or form.

***Admin mode on***
                      Juu nin to iro

Comment

well no harm in setting up a paypal donation system and see what it brings... as for payback, well if she can provide a good vacation spot in Florida, I'd be happy enough ( one without nasty biting spiders! )

Comment

The above sugestion wasn't just aimed at helping liz, there have been a few members in the past, that could have done with a helping hand.

Myself included when my marrage broke down, i left and had nothing. Damn hard couple of months. Some of the regs have kids that have been through tough medical spots etc. As I said though, thats just a sugestion and not one made as the Admin.
                          Juu nin to iro

Comment

Well the suggestion of a dentist school is not bad, if the waiting list is not to long.
                            I had my wisdom teeth taken out at a dentist school, actually got bumped to the end of list once and added 6 months of painful waitng because I actually got a few days work at the wrong time

Probably not a possible solution but how long until her work dental plan kicks in?

Comment

Not sure, but I thinks its a few months to go.
                              *crazy americans and health plans*

Just with it needing root canal work, you sorta want it take care of quickly.

I was lucky with my wisdom teeth, I had private health insurance, so it made it much quicker.
                              Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                              X