IP Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Ban

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. I can't seem to change my IP, I'm guessing my ISP gave me a static one, so I'm trying to figure out how to trick a server into thinking I have a different IP. This is a java based chat room that some low life mod (which I wouldn't call a mod when you do lame shit like banning the people who actually make the chat meaningful) ip banned me from. I tried using an annonymous proxy setup, but the script generates a communications error. So basically I need something to hide my ip under. Any ideas?
    2.4 GHz P4 :: 1024 MB RAM
    533 MHz FSB :: 233 MHz DDR
    64 MB Radeon Mobility
    w/128 MB Video Buffer
    40 GB HD & 120 GB External HD
    DVD/CDRW :: JBL Creature 2 Speakers

Google is your friend.

Comment

Ahh, nvm. I think I may have found an easier way, I came across some random forum post, some guy said if your ipconfig display shows "lease obtained and lease expires", then you have a dynamic IP, I just have to disconnected my ethernet cable and shut down a few hours before it expires, and reconnect a few hours after so that my IP gets sent to someone else, and I get a new one. I just missed the expiration, too, aw well, I get a new one on the 7th.
      64 MB Radeon Mobility
      w/128 MB Video Buffer

Comment

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing ... try "ipconfig /?".
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Another option is to change your network card - that should give you a new IP straight away.

Comment

try ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew at cmd prompt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob(QG)
              Another option is to change your network card - that should give you a new IP straight away.
              The other benefit is that he'd also get another MAC address, never know whether the OP banned his MAC too (or even his ISP...).

Comment

They better not have gone that far. ipconfig /renew and /release doesn't change anything.
                64 MB Radeon Mobility
                w/128 MB Video Buffer

Comment

I'm on Cox cable and have had the same IP for like a year... "dynamic IP" my a$$!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                    I'm on Cox cable and have had the same IP for like a year... "dynamic IP" my a$$!
                    It's easier for them if they run a stable DHCP. Stable IPs are easier for them to work with, but truly static IPs are a nightmare if they ever have a major overhaul or expansion of their network on a larger scale.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                    X