Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 & OpenGL

Hi.

I've installed Matrox Powerdesk 6.82.0216. It says under information that OpenGL ICD 2.57.057 is installed. But OpenGL isn't working at all.

What do I need to do to make OpenGL work with my Matrox G400? I had used GLSetup the last time, but it is defunked now.
    Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

have you removed all instances of GLsetup? Have there been anyother cards installed in this machine?

BTW GLsetup should never have been used
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

that was a while ago, the hard disk has been formatted since then.

I've been previously using a Matrox Millennium 1, and onboard video before that. Onboard is deactivated, and the PCI MM1 has been removed.

Comment

You must have a hardware IRQ set to the card in the motherboard BIOS (prefferably IRQ9, 10 or 11).
        Your desktop must be set to 16bit or 32bit color. Won't work at 24bit.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Desktop is at 32bpp, the video card is running on IRQ 11 according to the Help and Support program.

I didn't see anything in the Bios settings about assigning IRQs to cards.

Comment

There should be an option for "assign IRQ to VGA" in there somewhere.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

No, there is abosolutely nothing like that in there. The McGee's Alice demo gives "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem" when trying to start.

Direct3D works fine, so I doubt it's hardware damage.
              Last edited by G400SG16mb; 5 June 2004, 18:55.

Comment

Are you using dualhead?

Comment

Originally posted by bsdgeek
                  Are you using dualhead?
                  I think his nick answers that...
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

SG stands for surround gaming right?
                    ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

SG ram is a type of SD ram for video cards

It's a single display version. I got this card when they first came out (it is even an AGP 2x). The more expensive G400 versions were double the price at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                        I think his nick answers that...
                        Well, he coulda had one of those upgrade daughterboards.

Comment

Ok, in Celestia, under OpenGL Driver Info, it says:

Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
                          Renderer: GDI Generic
                          Version: 1.1.0

And OpenGL mode won't work in Homeworld.

So the actual Matrox OpenGL driver isn't activated? Any tips on how to do this?
                          Last edited by G400SG16mb; 6 June 2004, 06:24.

Comment

I tried the Matrox powerdesk removal utility, and reinstalled Powerdesk. But it still doesn't work.

The Matrox OpenGL .dll file is installed and referenced in the Windows registry.

Could it be because I've got DirectX9 installed? It'd be no small task to install DirectX 8 now.
                            Last edited by G400SG16mb; 6 June 2004, 12:37.

Comment

do you have busmastering enabled on the G400? It needs busmastering for both OpenGL and DVDMAX functionality.

Comment

Working...
                              X