FarCry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FarCry

who has it, what are your specs and what settings are you running at? (and what framerates you getting?)

Tex: High
    Trilinear
    16x AF
    P/C: Med
    SFX: Med
    Env: Med
    Sdw: Med
    wtq: Very High
    LtQ: Med

also running 4*AA getting mediocre framerates, depending on scene 30-70 (more 30 then 70)
    Last edited by knirfie; 28 March 2004, 14:47.
    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

I pleyed the demo. And Radeon 9000Pro certainly is not up to the job Cant remeber the exact settings i used but most of them were medium or low. If i selected higher setings the game would have missing or corupted textures. Also sometimes when loading the game VPU recovery would kick in saying that graphics card encountered a problem.

That might be fixed in a final game.

As the game goes it is awsome Swiming under water reminded Parhelias under water demo
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

well, the original is really buggy, the first patch is definetly needed to run the game longer the 40 seconds
      Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

I got it and I have to say that this game really rocks. It looks amazing and the gameplay is fantastic, I like it. Now I all want is a Jedi Knight game with this graphics engine, hehe.

And finally my 9700 Pro is beginning stretch it's legs!

Comment

Originally posted by Kastuvas
          I pleyed the demo. And Radeon 9000Pro certainly is not up to the job

Doing these steps from that post fixed it for me. Works a treat now on my 8500LE...

1. Put water on low

2. Put special effects on low

3. Create file SystemCfgOverride.cfg and place it in your farcry root directory.
          In this file put the following:

e_overlay_geometry = "0"
          r_Quality_BumpMapping = "0"
          e_beach = "1"
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Are there really so few around here playing this game???

The game is incredibly good!

Or is it maybe the P's that are holding y'all back...

Comment

Hehe yeah it looks like the interest in this game between matrox users is quite low.
              Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Definitely one of the best games I've played in a long time. You are right though, lack of interest in most games for Matrox Users.

The multiplayer has amazing potential.

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I am looking foward to run it at 3 x 800x600 (Suround) with medium details with a Parhelia!
                  Matrox rox, S3 sucks!
                  Attention:
                  I am watching you!

Comment

Originally posted by Masterblaster
                    I am looking foward to run it at 3 x 800x600 (Suround) with medium details with a Parhelia!
                    ROFLMAO!!!

Comment

Good luck there Masterblaster!!!

Comment

I recently bought it, but have yet to load it onto my rig. Seems my game-playing time lately has been significantly limited. Hopefully that will change soon. I enjoyed the demo... except for the game save system.
                        My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Originally posted by Beezer
                          I enjoyed the demo... except for the game save system.
                          that can be changed:

from farcry.gamesweb.com:
                          -------------------------------------------------------
                          1.) Open the file DevMode.lua with a texteditor
                          2.) Scroll down and include this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Input:BindCommandToKey("#Game:Save('quicksaved_gam e');","f9",1);
                          Input:BindCommandToKey("#Game:Load('quicksaved_gam e');","f10",1);
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.) Start the game with the parameter "-devmode". Click on your Far Cry Desktop-icon and chose characteristics. Here you can add "-devmode" after the Far Cry path.
                          You can save during the Game with F9 and load the latest savegame with b>F10.
                          -------------------------------------------------------

Rakido
                          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Nice Rakido!!!

Comment

For ATI card users I really recommend the latest omega drivers for FARCRY and most games for that matter. They appear to be faster and have less glitches. FARCRY ran a lot better with them and fixed 99% of problems I had with the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X