Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Racing in Surround ... almost

Hello,
    This game World Racing has some of the best graphics I've seen in a racing game... IMO better than NFS-underground.

It sort of works in surround ... from the Setup dialog box ... not in the game but here ...
    Start ... All Programes... World Racing Demo ... Setup.

Leave everything default ... I have played around with various settings in this setup and found that it can be very unstable ... but you can change the resolution to a surround one (I chose 3072x786) and tick the box Widescreen (16:9)

The cars are a little stretched but the game is very playable... may be one of you geniuses out there can fix the stretched cars.

Once in the game ... in the Options - Display menu ...Turn down the view distance...this doesn't really change the view distance too much.... but it gets the shadow of your car to look good.

Here's a link to the demo ... don't forget to get the demo patch...
    Download apps and games for Android. Discover new apps, read the reviews and download the APK. Safe and virus-free.

Checkout some of these screenshots ...

... and some add on cars ... I'm not sure if they will work in the demo but they give you a good idea of the game graphics ... here ...

and here ...

Cheers,
    Paddywak ......
    Last edited by Paddy the wak; 20 April 2004, 16:00.
    My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
    480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
    Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Hello,
    For those that can't wait for the FOV fix there is a Camera Hack tool that can help... (I got the lead for this from the post by Mikko regarding the Camera Hack tool for CMR4.)
    In World Racing it isn't perfect but it is way way better .... than without it ...
    What it does is enable you to move the view camera so if you move it back and up a bit you effectively get a better FOV ... BUT the slightly stretched car is still slightly stretched...

Get the Camera Hack Tool here ... http://toca.game-editing.net/files

With out the Camera Hack Tool...

With the Camera Hack Tool ..... wider view ... and note ... the vertical lines of the buildings are now vertical.

Cheers ..... Paddywak
    My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

Comment

Hello,
      It now works perfect in Surround ... the car is no longer stretched.

Get this tool here ....
      This website is for sale! game-editing.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, game-editing.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Use these settings ...

Field of View (FOV) 70
      Width Field of View : 1920 (half of the value of your game width resolution)
      Distance 32
      Height 14

Enjoy!
      Last edited by Paddy the wak; 20 April 2004, 16:11.
      My Systems :

Comment

There's a new FOV Tool out ... get it here ... http://toca.game-editing.net/files
        You can now move the HUD to anywhere you like ... I have mine set up on the centre screen...

I've been running it at 3840x1024 now I have my NEW parhelia 8X AGP...
        With everything turned up to the MAX ! .....

If you have the 4X AGP parhelia .... here's the settings I found worked best .... 3072x768....
        Set view distance set to low to get your shadows to work best. (not a problem if you have 8X AGP)

Using the FOV Tool ..... you can Alt-Tab out of the game at any time to tweek the settings then just click back on the game in your taskbar to see the result of the new settings... but here's some start settings ...

Field of View (FOV) 70
        Width Field of View : 1805

Chase Camera....
        Distance : 40
        Height : 18

HUD Dimensions :
        Left : 1024 Top :0
        Width : 2084 Height : 768

Mirror Dimensions :
        Left 1286 Top : 0
        Width : 500 Height : 80

None of these settings in the FOV Tool have any effect on performance.... they just enable the surround view/HUD.

Enjoy !
        Paddywak ........
        My Systems :

Comment

Excellent find, its good to see that people are still continuing to get hacks out for surround gaming, its the only reason i have updated my parhelia and is truly awesome compared to stantard single head gaming.
          is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
          Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Yeah ... this game is great !
            The landscapes are brilliant ... way way Way... WAY ! better than the likes of NFSU and CMR4.... In fact they are stunningly good !

The game play can be realistic or arcade...

The oponents can have a fixed AI or a dynamic AI thus react to your abilities !

Get the demo try it for yourself.... link above.....
            My Systems :

Comment

Official Patch out now for Surround .... from SYNETIC

Get it here ...

Download apps and games for Android. Discover new apps, read the reviews and download the APK. Safe and virus-free.

New features in v1.5.5:

- Added Multiplayer for LAN/Internet
              - Added support for Matrox surroundgaming (Engine only

However ....

I have tried it and I prefer the Camera Hack from that Dave at ToCA EDIT .... just my opinion ...
              Dave's version allows you to move the HUD on to the centre screen.... the official one does not.

Dave also has a Multiplayer hack ... here ...

This website is for sale! game-editing.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, game-editing.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
              My Systems :

Comment

There is an new Patch 1.66 out that fixes some MP issues (the pause times and some hangups).

@paddythewalk:

Can the camera hack used with 1.55 / 1.66 (because the 1.44 MP hack is not very comfortable)?
                Matrox rox, S3 sucks!
                Attention:
                I am watching you!

Comment

Hi Masterblaster,
                  No the FOV Hack Tool doesn't work with the new patches ...
                  I will ask Dave if it is possible to update it for us ...

Leave it with me ... I'll post as soon as I hear back from him.
                  My Systems :

Comment

Hello,
                    Dave's FOV Hack now works with the official 1.6.6 patch ... so you can get the HUD on to the centre screen and vary the FOV to what suits you.

Get it here ...

Cheers
                    Paddywak
                    My Systems :

Comment

Working...
                    X