surround gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaTaN^666
    but Id REALLY like to c these 2 titles on propper surround.
    This won't happen for halo, because the game can't run in an other surround gaming resolution than 1920x480.
    edit : now, it works in any resolution

Last edited by chr_79; 2 January 2004, 15:31.

Comment

Hum Chr_79,

Nice one but with the normal Halo config you won't be able to select that resolution so tell us what's the secret?

Is it a patched .exe or should we turn off some eyecandy, which is it?

You let the Satan guy look like a real wannabee surrounder.....

Wingie says hi to all......

Comment

I've just changed some asm code so i can choose any resolution.

Now, i've got it working in higher resolution (2400x600).

Comment

Cool, reminds me of the good old asm 68000 days when I did these kind of things daily.

Hum let's fire up that atari emu to look at some old demo's

Did you read my post at the end of page 4 concerning NFS?

Comment

Originally posted by wingie
            Cool, reminds me of the good old asm 68000 days when I did these kind of things daily.

Hum let's fire up that atari emu to look at some old demo's

Did you read my post at the end of page 4 concerning NFS?
            Yes, i have to try this new patch but it should be possible.

Comment

Hello chr_79,
              This good work of yours just keeps getting better ...
              Halo !!!!

How's the Max Payne comming along ?
              Last edited by Paddy the wak; 2 January 2004, 15:20.
              My Systems :
              Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
              480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
              Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

Hi R0M ! ...
                My Systems :
                Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
                480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
                Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

@ chr_79:

I installed your SG updates for BF1942 and NFSU without problems, great work!

But SG with POP will not work, there is no option to set the resolution to a triplehead resolution, only the standart resolutions are available.

What am i doing wrong?
                  Matrox rox, S3 sucks!
                  Attention:
                  I am watching you!

Comment

holy shit char_79 now ur like semi ultra geneus with that halo now done tahts friggin insane, heres my prob.. whats a asm and how do I do it? lol
                    SaTaN^666

Comment

<--- satan knows alot but also needs to learn alot to stop bugging people like char for help lol" forgot to add that in"
                      SaTaN^666

Comment

Originally posted by Masterblaster
                        @ chr_79:

I installed your SG updates for BF1942 and NFSU without problems, great work!

But SG with POP will not work, there is no option to set the resolution to a triplehead resolution, only the standart resolutions are available.

What am i doing wrong?
                        Could you post all available resolutions ?

Comment

Originally posted by SaTaN^666
                          holy shit char_79 now ur like semi ultra geneus with that halo now done tahts friggin insane, heres my prob.. whats a asm and how do I do it? lol
                          This is the original asm code.
                          This code simply check for the width if ecx is above 0x640 (1600) or below 0x280 (640). if true, this resolution is dropped.
                          it's the same with eax for the height.

All you have to do here, is to change 0x640 in 0xC00 so higher resolution will be available, or simply nop ja and jb after all 4 resolution check so all resolution will be available in game.

Simple no ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

@ chr 79:

I have 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x960 available.

I started the game several times with the destop resultions (windows) 1024x768, 1280x960, Stretched 2400x600, 3072x768 and 3920x960.

When entering POP immidiatly monitor 1 and 3 become black (no signal) and become signal again when returning to windows.

I have newest Parhelia drivers, XPSP1...
                            Other SG games work properly NFSU, and BF1942....

Which resolutions should appear in the graphics menu?
                            Matrox rox, S3 sucks!
                            Attention:
                            I am watching you!

Comment

Sweet work with Battlefield Chr79!
                              Looks fantastic!!!

Just to confirm installation:
                              Official 1.5 Patch installed (from Battlefield website)
                              Immersion 1.5 Fixed EXE from Gamecopyworld
                              Overwrote BF1942.exe with your fixed EXE

I haven't modified the videodefault.con file... but will do and see if it makes a difference.
                              Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

OK, I modified the videodefault.con file and I got lots of refresh rates for the different resolutions in-game.
                                Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

Working...
                                X