X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about that Ant.
    Hope your nephews are getting better.

Comment

I'm sorry Ant Please accept my sympathies and pass along my well wishes to your Nephews.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Bastard punks!! My thoughts are with you and your family man. Thats awful.
        Bart

Comment

Sorry to hear about your nephews, Ant.

A lawless society works both ways.. you could probably find this guy and rip him apart and the police would do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by az
            "Two police constables were approached by a group of youths in Lister Gate ten minutes before the attack saying they had seen a man on Collin Street waving a knife about who matched the description of the attacker."

And of course they did nothing...

AZ
            Of course they didn't much easier to walk the other way.

Sorry to hear about this Ant.

If you see the bastard while you're in your car run him over.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

~~DukeP~~

Comment

sory to hear that ant... hope they get the bastard..
                "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

My sympathy for your nephews (and yourself).

I can understand your anger, but channel it into doing something positive, such as forcing the City Council to make the streets safer with adequate policing (which does not mean a cop ignoring reports of potential danger). A good start would be to organise a petition: I'm sure that 95% of Nottinghamburgers (or whatever the inhabitants are called) would feel in that sense, even if some of them would not actually sign. Issue a press release to the local and national newspapers, citing the case and appealing for signatures. E-mail all the Councillors and the Chief Constable, individually, explaining what you are doing and why. Raise hell, so that others will not become the victims of this aggressor or any other. Make the streets of Nottingham safe for everyone.
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I think vee should make ze bastard veel ze pain, ja?!!! !

Comment

OMFG! I'm shocked. Hope they get well soon Ant.
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                        My sympathy for your nephews (and yourself).

I can understand your anger, but channel it into doing something positive, such as forcing the City Council to make the streets safer with adequate policing (which does not mean a cop ignoring reports of potential danger). A good start would be to organise a petition: I'm sure that 95% of Nottinghamburgers (or whatever the inhabitants are called) would feel in that sense, even if some of them would not actually sign. Issue a press release to the local and national newspapers, citing the case and appealing for signatures. E-mail all the Councillors and the Chief Constable, individually, explaining what you are doing and why. Raise hell, so that others will not become the victims of this aggressor or any other. Make the streets of Nottingham safe for everyone.
                        What is needed is a change of policy from the Government to get the Police back on the beat in larger numbers. Apparently the police numbers are up but many are still sat behind desks. This leaves the police pro-active rather than pre-active.
                        It would be interesting to see if the police radioed in aboutt he knifeman asking for backup. If they didn't it's a clear case of derelicition of duty.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I feel for you and your nephews.

Comment

that really sucks. sorry to hear that ant

WTF is wrong with society these days

Comment

What's wrong with the kids? How about the normalization of street violence?

It's one thing to occaisionally see contextualized violence in a theater or on the news, but it's something else when kids from 5 on up can carry around a pocket game system where they can practice non-contextualized violence every 5 minutes.

No, I'm not one of those who are anti-game. Of course not. What I am against are parents who use videogames as baby-sitters without taking into account the content of the games vs. the age of their kids.

Dr. Mordrid
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 October 2003, 10:01.
                              Dr. Mordrid
                              ----------------------------
                              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Doc they used to say the same about Tom and Jerry when I was a kid. Strangly none of my friends went round hitting people with saucepans etc.
                                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                                X