It's not just the weather that's cooler in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not just the weather that's cooler in Canada

Article from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Wednesday, July 30, 2003.

Last edited by agallag; 2 October 2003, 12:30.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Good.

Real Good.

Although it will propably be jumped by some guntoting rightwing american nationalist.

They are SO fond of name calling and generalisations...

~~DukeP~~

Comment

I cannot believe what I just read: an American saying nice things about Canada without saying "but we're still better". It's a miracle!!
      Bart

Comment

Bah! That is just nothing other than trolling for flames. The article is fine, but the comments after? When you consider all the people on the board from the US, and how few comments about how much better we are than everyone else, (Excluding the obvious), I find your statements without merit. This seems more like it should go into the temp forum.
        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Wonderful little article. And I really wish germany was that cool.. unfortunately, we're moving right [pun intended] in the direction of the USA

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

And then one day you discover that he has pot in his basement, spends his weekends at peace marches and that guy you've seen mowing the yard is his spouse.
            LMAO

...and accepts more immigrants per capita than the United States.
            This is the only point I would disagree, they have the room and need, the US could do without.

Comment

But we have Fonzie!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                LMAO

This is the only point I would disagree, they have the room and need, the US could do without.
                New immigrants never seem to settle in the sparsly populated areas..( and yes there are lots of those!) they all flock to the big cities, where it is crowded already.. I know .. we did
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

oh ya, never thought at that.
                  Build new cities in those areas and give some benefits for settling there.

Comment

So any American who disagrees with this woman's, I think it is so much cooler somewhere else but you don't see me high tailing it out of here, opinion is considered a "guntoting rightwing american nationalist" who is "SO fond of name calling and generalisations".

Sounds like to me that there is alot of "name calling and generalisations" occuring in this thread but it is not the Americans doing it.

Why does it seem that everyone hates America so?

I guess it's like that situation you usually see in school, sometimes, where all the not so pretty girls hate the prettiest girl no matter what she says or does. Jealousy can be such a terrible thing.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Touchy touchy. You'd be shocked to find out that most Canadians are not even close to being jealous of the USA. I stand by my comment. Every time I read something about Canada written by an American, its usually condescending and looks down on us. Happens quite a bit.
                      Bart

Comment

Originally posted by Joel
                        Why does it seem that everyone hates America so?

I guess it's like that situation you usually see in school, sometimes, where all the not so pretty girls hate the prettiest girl no matter what she says or does. Jealousy can be such a terrible thing.
                        Well, I don't hate America, I just don't like most of your leaders, whom might not be all too different than the politicians in other countries just that their actions influence not only your destinies but mine and of people from around the world as well. It's one thing to have a stupid president here but to be doubled by one at the White House too ?!
                        (I also don't like the bureaucrats in Bruxels or how most of Western European leaders act, so you might call it thirded)

About the jealous girl thing, you could certainly find a better excuse than "They hate me because I'm beautiful".

Leaving that aside, the US is a great country with people alike, just try not to spoil it with lack of common sense, too much pride or greed

Comment

You'd be shocked to find out that most Canadians are not even close to being jealous of the USA.
                          And you would be shocked to find out that most of those not so pretty girls will say they are not jealous either but they still hate the pretty girl just the same.

Oh BTW:

I cannot believe what I just read: an American saying nice things about Canada without saying "but we're still better". It's a miracle!!
                          It's not a miracle. Why should we have to keep telling you something that you already know.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

You yankees is funnah. I still love my country. I still think this is the greatest place in the world to live in bar none. No yanker, err I mean yankee, is going to convince me otherwise.
                            Bart

Comment

I like Canada
                              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                              X