Is it going to be the driest August on record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it going to be the driest August on record

So far this month 5mm of rain. No rain forecast for the next four days so it's possible as it's getting close to end of the month. This is from 1955 the lowest so far is 8.4mm.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Been 38 C (100+ F) here is my area for the past 3 days andhasn't rained in weeks. It is nasty.

Jamrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

It's cooled down here a lot now. Max temp today was 20.6C Around 69F. Sadly the lack of rain hasn't stopped stuff from growing becuause we just get a little every now and then and the plants go whippee lets grow. Finally though they're some brown patches on the grass.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

We had enough rain this month that I'm tired as hell of cutting the grass. Thank God for lawn tractors :-P

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I wonder how many people spend so much time gardening they don't have time to actually enjoy the garden.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Started to rain during the night before monday. Rained almost whole day. And heavily at some moments (even often...)
            Finally...
            Last edited by Nowhere; 20 August 2003, 13:21.

Comment

It rain A LOT over here, glad it stopped long enough for me to get some rollerblading in.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

It's gonna rain when I take my last six days leave.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I can't remember the last time it rained here, and we are breaking all the heat records.
                  --Insert something here--

Comment

I CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME IT WASNT RAINING WHERE I LIVE.

OMFG HURRICANE SEASON SUCKS.

RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN MORE RAIN RAIN RAIN

ITS RAINED SO MUCH MY CAR IS STARTING TO LEAK!!
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Send some of that wet stuff to the Western US. (except Las Vegas, I think they had enough).
                      --Insert something here--

Comment

back where I live they've been between 100 and 106 here it's been up to about 103 but with a thunderstorm every afternoon/evening thus far to cool things off.

~Sethos
                        "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Barley and wheat harvest are early this year. More time for straw, ploughing and sowing which is good though. No idea about yields yet.
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Haven't seen any rain for about 4 months, not even a thunderstorm. 40°C the day before yesterday in Nicosia. Pleasantly cool today, only 37°C. RH 25%.

What about France? 3000 extra deaths officially, 5000 semi-officially and 10,400 according to undertakers (morticians) due to record temperatures. WOW! And the French cannot even blame terrorists!
                            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Here comes another Tropical Depression, Lizzy. Time to roll your windows up!

Honestly tho, two years ago this time we had much higher temps and no rain for weeks on end. That T totally sucked.
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X