Another year another fund raising drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another year another fund raising drive

Well it hardly seems a year since we started the keep MURC alive drive! Our yearly contract with Burst is just about up so we are once again in the situation of needing a fund raising drive.

This time as far as the MURC goes we intend to make a major change, our patience has finally run out with Burst after the last round of problems and their appalling level of support. So the idea is to relocate the site to a new, dedicated server, this will give us a better platform and much more control over site maintenance.

The network we intend to move onto is based in Japan, you can check out your connection to this network by looking at this site...

If anyone finds it painfully slow to connect to please let us know, obviously if there are any major issues we need to find out before we make the final decision to go.

If any of you could chip in to the fund it would be once again greatly appreciated. We still have the Paypal account active or if anyone is uneasy with that method maybe some of the local fundraisers could step in again to collect funds?

I just want to say thanks to all of you that have lent your support to the site over the last year. Special thanks must go out to Dan for coming in and fixing all the crap that goes on behind the scenes
    Last edited by Ant; 8 August 2003, 06:33.

No problem connecting here.. a bit slower perhaps, but there's a greater distance to be spanned.

If anyone in the U.S. or Canada is uncomfortable with PayPay, I would be happy to collect again if you would like me to. (I don't care for PayPal, so Ant will get a money order from me, even if it is only my own donation.) If you would like to send a check or money order (preferred) please PM me and I'll send you the info.

Comment

Um likewise in the UK, although it would probably be easier to send it directly to Ant... Anyway, PM me if you are interested.
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Just give me the addy of who and where to send the donation to and it will be done.

J1NG

Comment

Kinda slow.. 11kb/sec

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

k... i have a credit card but i cant use it with pay pal cause its lebanese based and they dont accept cards from here..... is there any way i can contribute with my credit card
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention, I get the site in less than 6 seconds on a 512k dsl line. No problems otherwise. Thankfully I have the Japanese languagepack installed and can read enough of it.

And, I don't want to use Pay Pal for transfer of donation. That's what stopped me last time. I need an addy to send to. In the UK.

J1NG

Comment

If Ant is not willing to give out his, then as I posted earlier, PM me.
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

The proposed site is a little slow but it seems faster than the current MURC site. I don't mind it being a bit slow as long as it's reliable (unlike Burst ).

Comment

If anyone wants to send direct to me just PM me and I'll send you the contact info. Thanks again for all of your support. I'll give an update as to the amount we are aiming at as soon as we have a clear idea, it looks like it will actually work out cheaper than Burst in the long run.

Comment

The site I dragged up is just a sample from the same subnet.

I have no idea what their box actually is, or how well/badly the page is coded But it was the first one i found that wasn't horribly coded and had a reasonable amount of pics etc.

Dan
                      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Sample site seems reasonably fast enough on my end.
                        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Whats the subscription going to cost then? (IF you dont ming me asking )

Comment

Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh.

Having a hard time here.
                            Tried to post numerous times before and the site went down every time

That said, anything is better than the way it's been lately.

I've put in my 2 cents, toward the goal of a better home

Comment

Hi!

The speed ok from germany.
                              cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
                              ---
                              Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
                              JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
                              Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Working...
                              X