Site Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Move

Due to ongoing problems with the server we moved to, burst will be moving our server (again) to resolve the issues.

This will (hopefully) be happening about 10~11am East Coast Time. Just prior to the move I will be shutting the forums down. I will then open the forums up at out new address once we have moved.

The DNS data will take a few hours to propogate so please be patient. Once you see an open forum after the move, you will know your at our new home and continue as normal

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

It is suggested that you connect to the MURC IRC server during downtime.

Comment

Me bad, 10pm tonight EST
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Have it back by tomorrow morning 8.00 uk time otherwise I'll be really bored on the helldesk.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

*************We have not moved yet*************

We will move in about 5 hours - hopefully, I've reopend the site until just before the move.

Don't ask, don't wanna talk about it

Dan
          Juu nin to iro

Comment

Hehe sounds like you've had a nightmare Dan. Have a virtual beer on me...
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

danke, nightmare no. homicidal yes
              Juu nin to iro

Comment

Comment

Well - from this side it looks like things happened as you intended - congrats.
                  Lawrence

Comment

nope, we didn't move.
                    Just got word, we filled the harddisk as for the backup/move. so it died in process.

Sometime later today - not sure when

I will close this site just before (if warning is given) and reopen the new site. I'll supply the new sites IP addy on the closed page when I know it

Dan
                    Juu nin to iro

Comment

We filled their 100MB backup drive?

Comment

Nah. They ran out of 5 1/4" floppies

Comment

Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                            Nah. They ran out of 5 1/4" floppies
                            nah, they are still using 1' 360kb floppies
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

OK, take two should be at 10pm EST tonight, as per last night I'll shut us down a little bit before.

Dan
                              Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                              X