Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max and i865 Chipset

Hello ya'll
    I've just bought a new P4 3GHz machine with an Intel D865PERL Motherboard.
    I own an early (non A4) G400Max, which was modified by welding the R68 gap.
    At first the combination worked flawlessly with AGP speed of X1 (the board supports X1, X4, X8); But upon installing the Intel INF files, the board automatically switched to X4 and the whole system froze.
    Is there any way I can install Intel's software but keep the board on X1 speed?
    I don’t want to loose those features in the board that are only supported through the Intel software, but it would be a shame to replace this fine card with no need.

-------------
    Chen

You should be able to either limit the maximum AGP transfer speed in the BIOS, or use something like the Matrox Tweak utility to limit it in Windows.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

There is no such option in the BIOS, and in order to use the tweak utility I need to boot the system in non-safemode which means X4.

Comment

Just boot up in safe mode and set the registry value yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley
          Just boot up in safe mode and set the registry value yourself.
          maybe he doesn't know how to, hence the reason for his post!

Comment

You got me right Ayoub.
            Ashley
            , can you be more specific?

Comment

You can probably find more detailed instructions using the Search function here, but as I recall you set "AGPFlags" to "1" (string) under 9x/me, and "MGA.AGPflags" to 01 00 00 00 (binary) under NT - under the device's registry key.

What registry key? It depends on what OS you use. Do a search here for "AGPflags"...

Comment

Working...
              X