Clear All

• What about the birds then?........

Olympus 3040 on macro.....
    Last edited by LvR; 2 July 2003, 01:59.
    Lawrence

I thought we had a resolution limit...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Just following the rules laid down here - size of the pic is about 600K and not nearly close to the current 4M.........

My bad if I read that spec wrong - if there is only 4M in total available, then please forgive me and go ahead and delete the pic.
      Last edited by LvR; 1 July 2003, 22:13.
      Lawrence

Comment

I think K6 is refering to http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42759

I havn't had time to try to install a thumbnail tag

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Ok sorry - thanks for putting me straight on that one. Just goes to show what one can miss when you have "show only topics for the last day" selected in user profile.

I will kill it pronto and setup something more MURC friendly.
          Lawrence

Comment

can you upload a thumbnail to the site as well and try this tag

[ thumb=url to full image ]fullurltothumbnail[ /thumb ]

without the spaces

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Nice Pic, and nice bird to...

Comment

Have updated original post to reflect newfound respect for rules of pics posted here using DAN's "thumbs".

Somehow see the need to also limit the actual size of the thumbnail so that not too much detail is conveyed in the thumbnail pic and thereby negating the obvious need to click on the image to obtain much more detail - or is it just that the current low concentration of Jack Daniels in my blood is hampering rational though? - perhaps its just a crappy example using the wrong subject matter.
                Lawrence

Comment

Very nice pic and bird, and lower res wouldn't do it justice

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thats the problem with a pic section on a limited size/bandwidth host not setup for the express purpose of hosting these huge files - one often ends up posting a lot of pics that does not really convey the true artistry/ability of hardware/lens associated in the shots.

That said, its really nice of ANT, Dan and Dean to allow a bit of the creativity of the average propeller-head on MURC to start shining through - may the pics section prosper.
                    Lawrence

Comment

Yes - and I think we found a nice compromise with the thumb tag

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Have to agree with az here.

Originally posted by az
                        Very nice pic and bird, and lower res wouldn't do it justice

Comment

What about the birds then?........

Judging by the title, I was expecting different photos what with all the Brits posting here. Maybe I'm dating myself.
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yup, looks like it went right over the youngsters heads....LOL

Nice Sun Conure. I hope it doesn't turn into a screamer like most conures do.
                            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                            X