X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First sunset (*sigh*)

...but surely not the last.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mutz; 27 June 2003, 16:22.
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

I know that this is unusual for a MURCer, but my display is only 1024px wide (laptop)...

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Sorry, resized it. Thanks for the reminder.
      Who cares?

Comment

Now the image is 1024, and it just fits on my 1280x960 desktop (grumble, monitor is beginning to whine at 1600x1200)

Anyway, cool pic - can you offer any more information on it?
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Reminder: We now have a [ thumb ] tag, so in the future please use that - make a small thumbnail and link the full-sized image to it, so people with small screens or slow connections can view the thread normally, and everybody who want can view the picture in all its glory

usage:

[ thumb=url to full image ]fullurltothumbnail[ /thumb ]

Thank Sasq for implementing it

AZ
          Last edited by az; 7 July 2003, 02:57.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

mutz: Nice picture, I love that cat in the foreground! Where was it taken ? (1 small point of criticism: it is not level though...)

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks az. That pic was posted well before the thumb stuff. Maybe you and/or VJ would like to do an official dessertation on perzactly how to do what, when posting images here. Maybe make it a sticky.

@VJ Most of the sunsets I shot on La Réunion weren't level. Probably has to do with the swing out LCD on the G2. Every time we'd be walking on the beach with the sky changing second for second, I'd be "OOoh, gotta have that!" snap, snap, snap. Then look at them later and say "How'd I do that? Next time I'll tote the tripod." But never did.

I'll straighten them all when I get a chance, but right now I'm scared out of my mind because I've got 30GB of photos on a HD I can't access. I'm gonna post on that in General Efup. All suggestions will be welcome.
              Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by mutz
                Thanks az. That pic was posted well before the thumb stuff. Maybe you and/or VJ would like to do an official dessertation on perzactly how to do what, when posting images here. Maybe make it a sticky.
                Euhm... there already is a sticky in which this is mentioned...

Probably has to do with the swing out LCD on the G2.
                Yes, it could have to do with framing on the LCD. Do you use it in the swing-out position, or do you place it back but with the display facing you ?

I believe Minolta (but az will be able to confirm) have several "focussing screens" (in this case: patterns that are overlayed with the image), but only in the upgrade they offered a while ago. I do believe there is one pattern with a couple of grid lines; and I wonder why not more manufacturers provide for this. In SLRs these focussing screens are physical and in the viewfinder, the more expensive cameras have interchangeable screens, the current amateur ones mostly have gridlines that can be turned on or off.

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I feel it much more difficult to make photos level with a digital camera and its display. I had very seldom this problem with the SLR view finder. How come?

Comment

The resolution of an optical viewfinder is much higher than that of an EVF or LCD. You might not see very slight tilt, if it is within one pixel. But we humans are VERY sensitive to the horizon being tilted. Also, when you use a viewfinder, you hold the camera up to your face, automatically more level, and you also shake less than you do when you're holding the cam out in front of you when shooting with the LCD.

VJ, yes, The Minolta Dimage 7i has several grid overlays. One is a grid of (I think) 4x3 fields, the other a crosshair. I can't say if this was already present in the original D7 or D7ug (upgrade), or if it's present in their smaller cams.

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thanks AZ for your great explanation. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                      X