Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Caught Cheating On 3dMARK 03

If you all already know this, I apologize, but see:

This website is for sale! abxzone.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, abxzone.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Happy reading.
    Homebuilt Intel P3 933 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, ASUS CUSL2-C MB, 400w TruePower Antec PS, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, WD 160 Gb Spec Ed HD, Yamaha 20x10x40 SCSI Rewritable, Toshiba 12x DVD, Parhelia 128 (replaced a G400MAX), Win XP Pro SP1 w/latest patches

Hehe are you an nVidia marketing bot?

Should read "ATi and nVidia BOTH caught cheating in industry benchmark"... ATi have just had the decency to come out with their hands up so far, and anyway from what I have read nV seems to be (a) changing what is rendered (b) replacing shaders/adding clipping planes to increase the score by ~20% overall... ATi's version doesn't change what is rendered and only increases the score by ~2%

For mucho indepth discussion by people who know (ish) what they are talking about please read www.beyond3d.com

G
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I fail to see how this thread fits in "Matrox Hardware" forum... Genral H/S material...

Comment

Oh yeah - hadn't even noticed where it was put!
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I wonder why ATi even did it at all, I mean either way the Radeons cream nV cards.

Comment

Matrox doesn't make ATI cards.
            This is the Matrox Hardware forum.
            Moved to General Hardware/Software
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

You done fixin sprinklers yet Ken?
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Nope.
                Monitoring a class right now, while the gal who has been covering my classes is out to lunch.
                I'll be out running new control wires in about 15 min
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Are you sure it's ATI?

ZDNET-Nvidia benchmark furor clouds results

EDIT: I see both are up to it...
                  Last edited by HomeBrewer; 29 May 2003, 11:44.
                  Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

Working...
                  X