Battlefield with Surround Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield with Surround Gaming

I have a Parhelia with 1.04 drivers (newest), W2k SP3 and Battlefield 1942 1.31 (newest).
    I used Apptimizer 2 (newest) to set it to 2400 800 32 but the game always runs in 640x 480. It does not accept surround gaming.
    Does anyone know how to get Battlefield 1942 work with surround gaming?
    Matrox rox, S3 sucks!
    Attention:
    I am watching you!

No support with the 1.04 drivers, there wont be either.. Go back to 1.03 if you want to have the support in the APPT. Plus if you caught the new on Matrox site forum, EA doesn't plan on supporting MOHHA & 1942 considering surround being a cheat and not fair to others!!!!! ...Thats all I heard...

Ku

Comment

Battlefield 1942 1.3 works just fine in surround gaming with the Parhelia drivers 1.04. But don't get used to it, though, since support for it will be dropped with the next patch from EA.

Comment

The decision of EA is very sad...
        Matrox rox, S3 sucks!
        Attention:
        I am watching you!

Comment

The 1.4 patch is out and it would seem we are screwed.

Comment

to clarify, surround gaming works with all matrox drivers but not with new EA patches with battlefeild i think it works up to patch 1.3.
            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Up to 1.31.

Comment

I seem to remember a post by R0M on the Matrox suppor site stating that triple head will still work in the 1.4 patch of BF1942, however the screen will not scale correctly ... stretchy and with the standard FOV.

SCREW EA!
                Main PC
                Athlon XP 2500+ | GA-7N400-L | 1.0GB PC3200 | Radeon 9800XT & 9000 | SoundBlaster Audigy | TRIPLE 17" NEC 1760Vs!

Home Theater PC
                AthlonXP 2500+ | Chaintech 7NIL1 | 1024MB PC2700 | RADEON 9700 | SoundBlaster Audigy | Coolermaster ATC-610 HTPC Case | 61" Sony TV

Comment

Yep, that's correct. But who wants to play with those settings? Not only will it look lite shit, it will be a lot harder to spot what's happening to your right and left since it's no longer on your primary screen.

Comment

Indeed, they have screwed up its best feature. I'll NEVER BUY another EA game if this isnt fixed.

Comment

stretched is worse than singlehead, more of a hindrence since u see less in your main front view.

here's what i wrote to EA:

I have been reading forums and i hear that this may have been done cause EA thinks it is a Cheat?? Please put surround gaming back into the game as that was one of my reasons for purchasing this game and also my consideration of buying Road to Rome, which i will no longer buy if this is the case. At the very least, it should remain as a server side setting for individual servers on what to allow in particular server, not EA.

If this remains unchanged, i would like for you to remove support for surround sound, as that is also a cheat aiding those who have it to determine enemey location. Also, i would like u to force faster cards, ie radeion 9700 and others to all run at 30fps and no higher, so that those cards are not an advantage. I would also like u to remove support for users on broadband and only allow modem users, as those w/ a lower ping have a huge advantage over those w/ higher pings. Or force everyone to run at a certain ping. I would also like you to disable flight joystick capability and only allow mouse and keyboard, as the flight joysticks give pilots a huge advantage in battlefield1942. I hope my point is clear. I look forward to a response on the future of support of my videocard.

please everyone write EA at: suggestions@ea.com

Comment

@crow8k3a

Comment

I just emailed same with more words.

Everyone should mail them, this is a truly sucky move by them!!

Comment

I just spoke with tech support on the phone and im told that the 1.4 crippling is in fact a valid reason for a refund.

He did try to feed me the crap that surround wasnt in bf and matrox just got it to work but i reminded him it was in the demo up to 1.4.

Comment

so did they give u a refund? I would more like to see them change their minds and alow it to be a server side option if anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X