SPECviewperf 7.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPECviewperf 7.0

hi I'm new and I'm wondering if anyone has got any results so we can compare?

here are mine:

3dsmax-01.....1.141
    drv-08...........3.082
    dx-07............4.389
    light-05..........2.535
    proe-01..........1.249
    ugs-01...........0.6189

compared to these mine are as slow as ever

edit (thanks Greebe):
    Intel D845PEBT2, P4 2.53GHz, 2x 512MB Crucial DDR333Mhz CL2.5, 2x 60GB Barracuda ATA IV, G550 32DDR, Plextor 24/10/40A, Sony 16x40x DVD, Audigy Player, 19" Sony GPD-G420, WinXP Pro, DX9, etc.
    Last edited by steliosneo; 3 February 2003, 10:57.

It would help to post your system specs.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I have read that raising the agp aperture size, helps a lot.

you should be getting something like this: http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/matr....php?p=12#spec
      Last edited by TdB; 3 February 2003, 11:17.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

But TDB you must ask which G card he is refering to in his comparison? It's not Parhelia...
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Ooops!!

It didn´t cross my mind that anyone would compare a g550 to a professional 3d-cad card.

I have no idea how a g550 should run in those benchmarks.
          Last edited by TdB; 3 February 2003, 12:24.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

really appreciate your help & prompt response TDB & Greebe

upping the AGP Aperture Size from 64MB to 256MB actually has procuced lower scores (by lower I mean in the region of 0.xx FPS) basically it made no difference at all

I wouldn't dream of comparing my G550 to the likes of Fire GL X1 / Quadro / etc. but a GF4MX on a significantly lower spec PC than mine produced much higher scores than the ones TDB provided a link to (parhelia)

I will not post the scores here as some are tenfold and really embarass my G550

I was hoping that somebody with a Gseries card had some scores so I could compare mine to, I wanted to see if there is something wrong with my configuration or if the card performs at its maximum

We've already ordered a Radeon 9700Pro so I'll see how this card scores & compares to the rest but I'm not replacing my G550 for anything yet as I don't have my card for benchmarking or gaming

Comment

I was willing to do so this morning within minutes of this thread being posted... but held off until you posted your system specs, which I'm still waiting for...

(yes with a G550 if that's what you want the results from)

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                I was willing to do so this morning within minutes of this thread being posted... but held off until you posted your system specs, which I'm still waiting for...

(yes with a G550 if that's what you want the results from)

but I've already posted my system specs (about 1 hour from initial post) when I edited my first post

did you miss them? or are they not enough? I'm using 5.86.032 drivers with 1.4 b14 bios; Is there anything else you need to know?

Comment

Please don't waste my time trying to hunt down what I've asked for and is pertinent to this thread. From all that I saw earlier you only mentioned what Gcards you have used...

Comment

Look at his original post, he edited it this morning

Comment

didn't realise I was required to start from the beggining of this thread and start over (99.9% of anyone would have posted after the request in anew)... Also I don't load threads from the top, only what is latest.

Will test out shortly...

Comment

Originally posted by bsdgeek
                        Look at his original post, he edited it this morning
                        thank you bsdgeek. I thought I was going crazy

sorry Greebe for the trouble I've caused you, I just thought by editing the original post the info would be all in one place instead of scattered, for people to read, quess I was wrong (newbie alert), won't do it again

thanks for your patience

Comment

Working...
                        X