headphone amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headphone amps?

Anyone have any experience with either the Creek OBH IIse or the Grado RA-1? I've decided that headphones are the way to go in thin walled university appartments (at least until my main speakers arrive from Los Angeles which doesn't seem like it will be happening soon). I've already picked up a pair of Senn HD600's and am wondering how these cans pair up with the Creek and the Grado.

I've read mixed reviews about both.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Get the sensheiser onces....nice bass and nuggly fitting

Comment

Find the best headphones, speakers and home audio. 365-day returns, free shipping over $100 and legendary customer service!

Find the best headphones, speakers and home audio. 365-day returns, free shipping over $100 and legendary customer service!
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You don't want to get the Grado, as it won't be powerful enough to drive the HD600's properly (much better for Grado headphones).

You may also want to look into the Corda and the Porta Corda....
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

OMG! Who the hell would pay 3.5K $ for a headphone amp?!

Comment

Originally posted by luni

OMG! Who the hell would pay 3.5K $ for a headphone amp?!
            Someone with a LOT of disposable income?

I was going to grab a cheapy headphone amp for my Sen HD-570's, but decided to upgrade my computer before I got hitched instead, so I can't really help from experience. Though I hear the Headroom amps are really good.

Check this package deal out

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Someone that understands that $5,000 in headphone equipment will have better quality reproduction than $50,000 in speakers.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanks fellas.

I understand that Wombat.

Already have the HD600's fellas, so not interested in packages with them Jammy.

Corda and Porta Corda. Trying to find that, but havin trouble.
                "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
                X