Take a few minutes today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a few minutes today....

and remember those who were lost one year ago today. We will never forget; especially those brave souls on Flight 93 who had the opportunity to fight back, thereby saving untold others.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

According to the latest news around the world, not many remember the brave souls who did their best to fight those inhuman terrorists.

As one who lives terror on a daily basis, brace yourselves because it's not over yet.
    Many terrorists are living in Canada as refugees and have free unrestricted passage to the United States.
    There are many Hizbolla, Al Qaeda and other fanatic muslims based in south America that control large drug operations.

I wish it would have been the end of it, but while many people and countries continue turning a blind eye to terrorism, this is just chapter 1.

Comment

According to the latest news around the world, not many remember the brave souls who did their best to fight those inhuman terrorists.
      I'd think they are human, Human monsters. Truely unGODlke souls.

As one who lives terror on a daily basis, brace yourselves because it's not over yet.
      Agreed

Many terrorists are living in Canada as refugees and have free unrestricted passage to the United States.
      I do not see how in the world you have come to that conclusion at all Dogbert. The border patrols have been greatly stepped up, not to mention military flights over the borders etc.. They most certainly do not have free passage into this country. Now if they were Mexican's that's a different story.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong. I saw this huge documentary on TV about Canada's refugee policie and the 9/11.
        They showed that there is a very easy passage from Canada to the U.S as many Canadians work in the states. Then they showed that mane people come to Canada, destroy their papers during the flight and asks to be accepted as refugees once they arrive to Canada. Usually, they get everything in order in a couple of hours and they're free refugees in Canada.

That was really scary.

Comment

As I regularlly forget what day it is, this morning I opened up my PC's clock calendar to verify the date just after sending out a BB email...

Time 9:11
          Date 9/11

Time email was sent 9:11

Ok now would sombody POLEASE turn of that bloody Twilight Zone theme music!

That was just too wierd
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

If you'd try to call the emegency number, it'd also be 911.

Comment

Think you're missing the point

Comment

No, what I ment is that if you thought you've gone mental and wanter to call for emergency, you'd meet another 911 (besides the date and hour).

Kind of-
                Dogbert: What did you do on the 9/11 ?
                Greebe: well, I woke up at 9:11
                Dogbert: eww
                Greebe: Exactly my thought, I was about to call for an ambulance cause I thought I was going mental but I couldn't.
                Dogbert: Why ?
                Greebe: Cause I'd had to dial 911

Comment

The air passage between the US and Canada on the northern border has more holes in it than SpongeBob Squarepants

At least the Canadians are now changing their refugee program....but IMHO it's too little too late.

As far as the Mexican border goes: they need to put military patrols down there and lock it up tight. That and start firing back on the Mexican Police and Army units that have been crossing our border and shooting at our border guards in support of drug smugglers;

The Higher Ground Times delivers breaking news and commentary on the issues that affect the future of our nation.

That crap's been going on way too long....

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 September 2002, 07:41.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

A minute of silence

This is not quite true. Finnish national television channels have broadcasted a number of documentaries around the topic around past couple of days. And this is in a country that is officially against USA's foreign policy of revenge against arabs without UN's approval.

Also there is this opinion found on the internet to think about (not written by me): http://castaway.daug.net/sep11.html
                    Last edited by Buuri; 11 September 2002, 08:23.

Comment

I'd reply that person that he should be silent for a lifetime since he's European. Even if I forget the Jews and Gipsies who died in WWII, how many people died in the inquisition, during the years of European colonialism (South America anyone ?) or maybe jus the millions killed in Congo ?

What about all the Irianian children sent do die with plastic keys to heaven (made in taiwan) running through minefields ?

I could go on and on with Terror victims around the world. The U.S did nothing compared to Europe and Terror supporting countries.

I live terror and it's history day by day. So no one sitting secure in a country that haven't seen war in his lifetime can preach me about innocent victims.
                      War and Terror are planets of their own.
                      Auschwitz is a planet unknown to astronoms, unknown to most people. It's unknown to me as well but at least I'v had the chance/misfortune of knowing people who touched it, of reading testimonies about it. The man who wrote that article knows nothing about death. He doen't know the smell of burnt human flesh, never saw his best friend shot nor been near a blown bus with body parts in a 100 meter radius.
                      He never had to face a pretty 18 years old blond soldier's head that flew to the back of his car after a terrorist decided to blow himself near her and her friends.

Those people can keep eating well and think they're smart and criticize the world. But the day Terror will come knocking their or their beloved one's door, don't expect my sympathy nor my help or understanding.

Comment

By the way, I'm curious about what would that person say if the U.S would have decided to take care of Japan but leave the European war to Europe in WWII...
                        I guess that if he existed he'd be talking German and would have been part of the 4th Reich.

Comment

... interesting. My telephone number is 0041-xx-911 xx xx.
                          Almost all the TV channels here are carrying one or the other of the US coverages of the events today, plus European memorial events for same.

I actually interrupted my harrasment of Dogbert today to go sit on the terrace and feel my gratitude for my family and friends' safety, and reverence for those who weren't so lucky, two of which were aquaintances. On 9/11/2001 my aunt had conferences scheduled in WTC, but woke up feeling strangely ill. She canceled the conferences to the God given benefit of the attendees. My gratitude for that intervention is really beyond words...
                          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                          Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert
                            I'd reply that person that he should be silent for a lifetime since he's European.
                            As a side note, Europe actually consists of a number of independent countries with their own governments. For example, Holocaust of Jews and Spanish Inquisition were ran by single countries of dozens in Europe.

Quite a good post, Dogbert. However, I believe you missed the actual point in the linked writing. I think the writer is trying to say that while America is surrounded of lamentation and some degree of self-pity caused by these tragic events, American people and media don't realize to think that the misery their government has caused around the world during decades of time is tenfolds in magnitude in comparison.

What comes to "every country doing bad", you forget one thing: Holocaust, killing in Rwanda and Russia etc. are all because of insane dictators running a country. U.S. has always considered itself a democracy and a free country, and that is a fundamental difference.

Comment

...yes, Dogbert, you are right. And you can be sure that many appreciate your situation and are concerned with your well being. I think also we are grateful for our reasonable anonymity here at MURC, as it in some way enables us to open ourselves in a way that benefits ourselves and others.

Additionally, not all of us have not had some experience of what you are experiencing. I worked with people from Simon Wiesenthal to Claus Barbe, which included many people, savoury and unsavoury to say the least, because I was a young spook. I also got four bullet holes and other scars for my trouble. However I am grateful for all my experiences, bar none, as they have enabled me to have deeper insights and visions of life that would have otherwise not been possible. I think, if not already now, you will also one day be grateful for all which you have lived and see how that was part of maturing the being called you. It's just that in the today, in the threat of the moment, it is extremely difficult to see it with equanimity.

Everyone, including the US, is acting according to what they know, and what comes back from their actions may mature them to act differently in the future. This is the process of life, which is beyond any control, however determined people or parties may try. The whole universe seeks balance, which is more often than not by going to the extremes. You can condemn niether a child nor an old woman for their incontinence. Some things can sometimes simply not be helped, though it is very, very hard to accept...
                              How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                              Who cares?

Comment

Working...
                              X