.NET for PowerDesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .NET for PowerDesk

I have now read a review of Parhelia very bad review and they say that you need Microsoft .NET Framework for PowerDesk installation is this true. It is a very bat review for Matrox

Nejčtenější web o počítačích, internetu, vědě a technice. Každý den články, aktuality a videa.

Those PICS Look Familiar !!!!!

hey...wait a minuet!!! those pics look familiar, click here, and here .

i cant read the review itself(..language barrier) and i guess that it could be that the two folks here that these pictures link to... contributed to this article???

as far as .NET...yes it is true that you need it for PD...so!! what is supposedly wrong with it?? there is an SP1 for .NET and at least one 'security patch'.

i don't know anything about .NET technically, but i do like the interface and from a support standpoint it is supposed to be easier to write drivers for...so, whoooray for .NET !!!!!

cc
    Last edited by Chucky Cheese; 24 July 2002, 02:29.

Comment

This IS pretty suspicious... I think they have been stealing a few picts here and there...

Can someone comment about it ?

Comment

It is a very unprofesional review by my opinion. they havent event setup the FAA and had poor driver. They say that ist a card for Martrox fanatic and it is not as good as GF3 200

some text from review:

from architecture it is like ATI Radeon 9700 but has only 20-30% power ...

and so ..

sorry fom my english :-))

Comment

Well what did you expect? It's zive.cz... no comment.
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I don't now . May be som review . I now that they have some problems (every time) whit previews.

Comment

I've been coding in .NET (C# and C++.NET) for a couple of months now and I must say it's the best thing to happen to programming since VC6.

You can mix the .NET languages freely in your code.
              You could have your Main in C#, some functions/classes needing pointers written in either Managed or Unmanaged C++, some GUI code in VB.NET.

It's fun to code in and it has an (optionally) automatic garbage collector.

.NET has really increased my productivity.

About the framework, 20MB aren't that big, even on modem. And if one considers that it is on Windows Update and are probably included in SP1 to XP most people will have it sooner or later.
              <font size="-4">User error:
              Replace user and try again.
              System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
              System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
              </font>

Comment

Originally posted by Zao
                About the framework, 20MB aren't that big, even on modem. And if one considers that it is on Windows Update and are probably included in SP1 to XP most people will have it sooner or later.
                Also .net is included on the drivers CD (which also comes for bulk versions), and I think somekind of update is also there, though I am not sure if that's just a security patch or an actual servicepack.
                Specs:
                MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Working...
                X