Come on troops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on troops!

Come on troops. Sun Microsystems has not taken the transition well at all. We are beginning to pass them. Move it! Move it!

Taking out Sun

Yep. We are going to pass them.

And the best part is that they have some of their own hardware working against them

Regards,
    lurqa

Comment

Finally, 10th place on the team.

I get to be part of team and not be the person on the low rung. Not that there's anything wrong it is just good to be processing on more than a 600mhz machine. Apparently people have been forgetting to turn off their computers at night so I have been getting even more units.

Comment

Sometime earlier than 8:51PM EST on 6/30/2002, we did it!

Matroxusers Team Page (Rank: 32)
        Total team structures: 34709095

Sun Microsystems Team Page (Rank: 33)
        Total team structures: 34488400

Comment

if anyone wonders why my Agent32 alias is performing so well, it's because I've borrowed a colleagues dual Xeon 1.5 workstation while he's away for 3 weeks and set up one folder on each processor

And now I've figured out the -df switch, my home machine can finally keep crunching 24 hours without me being online, hurrah!

Go M.U.R.C.!
          Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Sisyfos = 770,000 WU Dump!!!!!

Hey Sisyfos did you just add a 100GHz Athlon XP machine to your render farm?????

Jeez. At this pace we will be in top 30 in 2-3 days!!!!

Regards,
            lurqa

Comment

A connection must have been down for a while that dozens of machines were on. Either that or Sysifos bought a Cray Supercomputer.
              Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 2 July 2002, 14:26.

Comment

Wish it was so, but no super computers for me.

Friday before I went home from work, I changed my domain password and I even remembered changing the proxy.cfg on the 5 machines running DF as a service.
                The machines connect to the internet via a corporate proxy on the domain, so everything should be in order.

Later friday at home I noticed that only my home machine contributed, so I gathered that in order for the new password to take effect, the services would have to be restarted (apparently the .exe only reads the procy.cfg at startup).
                I just hoped they would cache right through it.

In other words I cached through the server problems over the weekend.
                It's nice when a mishap turns out to be sheer luck

Only problem was that I had to call Servicedesk first thing monday morning and have them unlock my account, which had been bombarded by wrong passwords over the weekend

At the moment I have the following crunching:

Home
                P4 1.8a at 2.663 (24/7)

Work
                Dual P3 1.0 (24/7)
                4xP4 1.6 (almost 24/7, damn users)
                P3 866

Kim
                P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
                Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Matroxusers 31st in Dist.Folding!!

We have passed Tesseract. Tomorrow we should pass DPRGI and be in top 30!

With a little effort we should be able to advance to 28th within a few days....

Regards,
                  lurqa

Comment

Someone forgot to turn the machines off for the long holiday weekend. My production will be up. 13th place, here we come! Though it may be a year away.

Comment

last I looked, we were ranked 30th...
                      Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Nice dump Agent31!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent31
                          last I looked, we were ranked 30th...
                          Yes, but we are 13th in production at least when I typed that. I'm aspiring to the distant future.

Comment

cheers I brought all my production boxes into the one account. It's all good!

13th in production... well, according to statsman's chart, we should break into the top 25 within the next fortnight, so we'll keep an eye on it!

Comment

It shows you as being two accounts <a href=http://www.distributedfolding.com/teampages/team609.html>here</a>.

Comment

Working...
                              X