Is the parhelia the new matrox chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the parhelia the new matrox chip?

Spotted this link on usenet and it seems to be advance info of dx9 chip, not sure if this is good or bad info.

Does anyone here venture beyond Desktop Video forum?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Apparently not.

SatMan;

there is about a gig or more worth of posts on Parhelia in the Matrox Hardware and Crystal Ball forums.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

We will learn about this new Matrox chip on Tuesday, right? Does that mean that beta tester will be allowed to tell about their experiences?
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Since we're under a completely different NDA than the press (sick ixbt-labs and their pupets) we will only know when the day comes.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

It must be nice to be sheltered from the storm.

Of course you need to have waves to surf! Its gonna be like that Poweraid commercial in a day or two. Lemme grab my board

MadScot
            Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Yeah...and don't be suprised if you can hardly get onto the forums tomorrow. This place has been Slashdotted so the servers will likely take quite a hit.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm hiding in here from now on I'm getting in too many fights out there. This forum is far more civilised.

Comment

hehe...in retrospect posting those links and story on the MURC frontpage may have been a miscalculation
                  you should have arranged the advertising banners first

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                    It's usualy like two different planets.....
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                      Yeah...and don't be suprised if you can hardly get onto the forums tomorrow. This place has been Slashdotted so the servers will likely take quite a hit.

Dr. Mordrid
                      What kind of servers are you running this forum/site on ? I heard somebody saying something about P-133 or something... true or a joke ?

edit: grammar
                      ECS K7S5A w/LAN
                      Duron 750@960Mhz (1.85v 7x 138mhz fsb)
                      Thermaltake Volcano7 & AS3
                      DDR 512MB PC2700 Samsung
                      WindowsXP Professional
                      IBM 60GXP 10GB UDMA100
                      IBM 14GXP 10GB UDMA33
                      ========================

Comment

Joke... Our host won't say.

Comment

Ant, you are the administrator hehe, you have the power to tame those on the other forums lol

And yes I agree with you, this forum has always been more civilized

Cheers,
                          Elie

Comment

Found out today it's a P4 1.6gHz cpu

Comment

Speed doesn't matter! It's the connection between the server and the 'Net backbone that counts. You can have a Xeon server but that won't help if it is in the middle of Africa connected to 200 km of copper through a 14.4 kbit/s modem.

One of the problems is that those with broadband connection forget that most surfers do not have it. A recent survey in the UK showed that 86.6% of professional users still have copper and phone modems, not even ISDN, let alone ADSL. The current trend of having Flash introductions to web sites and large pages with kilometres of scripts is often counter-productive because surfers go elsewhere before they're downloaded, especially if there is a poor connection between the ISP server and the backbone, to boot.

I applied for an ADSL connection a year ago -- and am still waiting and am probably likely to wait for another 5 years.
                              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                              X